Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thunderheader

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 02:03 PM
Sonny's World
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunderheader

I picked up a used Thunderheader yesterday...it's a little rough, but I want to get it jet-coated black so the condition of the chrome doesn't concern me much. What I want to know is how to be 100% sure that it will fit my bike. The guy from the salvage yard/bike shop (Nick's Custom Cycles in NJ...a crazy place that there should definitely be a reality show about) held it up to an '03 Dyna and said it "should" fit. I obviously want to be certain of the fitiment BEFORE the coating process is set up. Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Sonny's World; 07-30-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:10 PM
DCLXVI
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Why don't you try to put it on your bike before you coat it. It's almost too easy of an answer but what else could I suggest since you didn't tell us what bike it cam from or give us a part number and the guy you bought it from sounds like a freak show b

Old 07-30-2011, 02:22 PM
blackmopar
Road Captain

was my first thought as well

Old 07-30-2011, 02:44 PM
Sonny's World
Road Captain

I'm not much of a "wrench", but I do see the merit in your responses. Here is a link to Nick's...the place is insane...there were only about 15 used Thunderheaders in a variaty of condition, all suposedly off of Dynas. I know the fitiment for 99-05 would fit my bike, but I don't see any markings on the pipes to indicate the precise part number. Nick's Custom Cycles is legendary in Jersey. What an awesome place! Check this place out:

http://www.nickscustomcycles.com/

Old 07-30-2011, 03:29 PM
sLvRsTrEEtBoB
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sonny's World
I'm not much of a "wrench", but I do see the merit in your responses. Here is a link to Nick's...the place is insane...there were only about 15 used Thunderheaders in a variaty of condition, all suposedly off of Dynas. I know the fitiment for 99-05 would fit my bike, but I don't see any markings on the pipes to indicate the precise part number. Nick's Custom Cycles is legendary in Jersey. What an awesome place! Check this place out:

http://www.nickscustomcycles.com/
so did you get a discount in return for your pitch about the business??

Old 07-30-2011, 04:59 PM
DCLXVI
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Most of the Dyna headers are in fact interchangeable. They even fit the '06 and newer bikes but they don't have the bungs for the O2 sensors.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:11 PM
that_guy
Tourer

the mount is what you need to be concerned about.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:44 PM
Sonny's World
Road Captain

Actually, I got the exhaust cheap because he buys used parts (the term hoarder comes to mind.) I sold some of my old parts including my HD 1/4 fairing. I got tired of my buddies calling me Jax. Anyway, I have heard good things about Thunderheaders for some time and am going to replace my SEII's.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:55 PM
fastjoe
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonny's World
Actually, I got the exhaust cheap because he buys used parts (the term hoarder comes to mind.) I sold some of my old parts including my HD 1/4 fairing. I got tired of my buddies calling me Jax. Anyway, I have heard good things about Thunderheaders for some time and am going to replace my SEII's.

Your friends are dumbasses. Jax's bike has a Ness fairing not a Harley fairing. They should be calling you Clay.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:27 PM
Sonny's World
Road Captain

Whatever...you get the SOA reference...lol.

Quick Reply: Thunderheader