Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gave the SuperGlide a bath & latest mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 11:22 PM
Boomer8484
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gave the SuperGlide a bath & latest mods

Well last Sunday I had to wash the SuperGlide (Dalia as I have named it), because I happened to park next to where the staff had the bbq grills set up for the weekend bbqs they always do. Well the wind happened to shift and all the grease filled smoke drifted over my bike. It smelled good, but looked like crap. So I get it all washed and purdyd up. During the week, I had to ride home twice in the rain from school, time to wash again. After the bath, I did a little work to it. I added a new emblem to the back of the sissy bar and a oil pressure gauge to the engine. Also, I decided to remove the round tool bag that was on the forks (I have another attached at the bottom of the down tubes), to clean up the look a little and because it wouldnt stay tight and would move around a lot and block the blinkers. Took a couple pix tonight, will get a few more out in the shiny sun tomorrow.

This emblem replaced a nasty, gold plated, traditional styled HD emblem. MUCH better looking!

Oil gauge so's I can keep an eye on it out in the hot summer temps.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Boomer8484
Advanced

Just need to take a few parts off so I can clean them off and paint them, rust is getting at them. Also, I bought a recalibration kit for the carb off ebay. Just need to get it installed, along with the power port kit and put together a tool kit to stuff in the tool bag.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:58 PM
BluBob
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What oil pressure gauge is that? Does it require a line to the front of the cam cover? Also, you can make a hard mount that bolts to the bottom of the bottom tree through the headlight bolt. Piece of angle iron, then bolt the bag to it. Real secure.

Last edited by BluBob; 08-05-2011 at 11:58 PM. Reason: bottom, not top
Old 08-06-2011, 12:22 AM
Boomer8484
Advanced

Originally Posted by BluBob
What oil pressure gauge is that? Does it require a line to the front of the cam cover? Also, you can make a hard mount that bolts to the bottom of the bottom tree through the headlight bolt. Piece of angle iron, then bolt the bag to it. Real secure.
Oil pressure gauge kit ( http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US ), its supposed to mount like that, as per instructions. As far as a hard mount goes, my headlight mounts to a hood. I could do the hard mount off the mount for the front brake line block. But for now, Im actually kinda diggin the clean look. Thanks for the suggestion though.