Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

18" Rear Spoke Wheel Options

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 07:03 PM
stbobfisher
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question 18" Rear Spoke Wheel Options

Well my bike is in the garage down again with more repairs, so I thought I would go ahead and do my 21" front wheel set up, reading the lacing tutorial and trying that tonight, while I am waiting on my baker primary bearing to get here.
So here is what I want next and I have not seen much on here about it. I was thinking 18x5.5 rear wheel so that i can get more tire under the back fender. has anybody laced a new rear hoop to the stock center and if so where did you get the wheel and was you able to use the spokes like on the front wheel conversion? Or is there a OE Harley option that would work, I do want to keep my spoke wheels and what size tire combos have been used without clearance problems?

Thanks Chris

Old 08-29-2011, 01:47 PM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stbobfisher
Well my bike is in the garage down again with more repairs, so I thought I would go ahead and do my 21" front wheel set up, reading the lacing tutorial and trying that tonight, while I am waiting on my baker primary bearing to get here.
So here is what I want next and I have not seen much on here about it. I was thinking 18x5.5 rear wheel so that i can get more tire under the back fender. has anybody laced a new rear hoop to the stock center and if so where did you get the wheel and was you able to use the spokes like on the front wheel conversion? Or is there a OE Harley option that would work, I do want to keep my spoke wheels and what size tire combos have been used without clearance problems?

Thanks Chris
I'm running an 18x5.5 rear rim laced to the stock hub with polished stainless spokes. I can't say if it will work with the stock spokes or not. I had the wheel built by Black Bike Wheels (blackbikewheels.com). I'm running an 180/55 Metzler ME880 and it fits fine.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Bucknasty
6th Gear

Subscribed.......Same Boat as Stbobfisher. I imagine you would need longer spokes, but not sure. Also waiting to hear back from blackbikewheels on a price for a steel single ridge 18x5.5, the website is a little confusing.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:41 PM
stbobfisher
Cruiser

What kind of cost was it to have your back wheel built and did you send them your stock hub and what kind of turn around did they have