Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Red Key - after install LED rearlight , and removed front indicators

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 08:17 AM
sedouglas
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick question. I'm having this problem. I have a custom dynamics load equalizer. I thought the key went away but when I went for my first ride it came back on. Do you have to clear the codes or did it just go away on its own? I'm gonna be pissed if this EQ doesn't do the job and I have to buy another one.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:25 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by sedouglas
Quick question. I'm having this problem. I have a custom dynamics load equalizer. I thought the key went away but when I went for my first ride it came back on. Do you have to clear the codes or did it just go away on its own? I'm gonna be pissed if this EQ doesn't do the job and I have to buy another one.
All I can tell you is that the Badlands Load Equalizer LE-03-A got rid of both the hyperflash and the red-key light on my 2010 Street Bob. I thought about going with other brand equalizers because they were available for much cheaper but apparently the Badlands is worth every penny and must be a cut above the rest.

Here is something you could try that came in the instruction sheet for my Badland EQ. It said something to the effect that if you had LED's hooked up prior to adding the Load Equalizer, you must reset the TSSM system and they include the step-by-step instructions on how to do this. I did not have to do this on my bike but maybe you others with issues still do have to reset your TSSM. Try it out! Can't hurt at this point.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:01 PM
sedouglas
Cruiser

I'll try that tonight. Thanks!

Old 04-21-2012, 07:38 PM
sedouglas
Cruiser

Just wanted to post here that I ended up finding that I pinched the clutch neutral wire when I clamped down the clutch lever clamp. I must have done it when I loosened up the clamp to re-position it. I never found answers in the threads and I wanted to document in case someone else needed it.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:32 PM
customd
Novice

The small Load equalizer that comes with the Triple Play is not the same as the Badlands LE03. If you want a no-load no heat alarm compatible unit you need to get the Signal Stabilizer. The small load equalizer, although it may work, is not alarm compatible as stated on the website.