Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which windshield is this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 06:53 AM
casteel
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which windshield is this?

I bought this bike last week and the only 2 "mods" that it has are the windshield, and the V&H Slip-Ons. I already removed the windshield, and the Slip-Ons are being replaced with full V&H exhaust. *Though it does sound good now, but I worked a deal out with the dealer, and couldn't pass it up.

Here are some pics:

The day i bought the bike from the dealer:

TBH, the windshield doesn't look that bad, but i enjoy riding without it. I'm contemplating whether or not to sell it, but i couldn't find any identifying marks on it except the HD symbol. I measured it, and looked online and the closest match i could find was the HD Ventilator Compact Detachable Windshield.

I'd like to know if you guys could help me identify it for sure. I'm still up in the air whether i'm keeping it or not. So, if you don't mind give me some pointers on keeping it or not.

thanks,

John

Old 05-01-2012, 07:19 AM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You should keep it. On a nice long highway trip its good to have. Plus its quick release so you can put it on one day and take it off the next. I originally bought a windshield as well. Then sold it, then 6 months later bought a different one, then 6 months later bought a fairing. Its a harley, always changing. Also you ask what windshield is it. For 10/11 WG's there are only 2 windshields that harley makes. Is it a harley shield or aftermarket?
As far as it goes with an exhaust. Alot of people do the same thing, I am one of them. Bought rush slipons right away and within 6 months bought a full exhuast. Should saved that 300 bucks on the slipons and put it towards my exhuast.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:24 AM
casteel
Cruiser

Originally Posted by pontiac69
You should keep it. On a nice long highway trip its good to have. Plus its quick release so you can put it on one day and take it off the next. I originally bought a windshield as well. Then sold it, then 6 months later bought a different one, then 6 months later bought a fairing. Its a harley, always changing. Also you ask what windshield is it. For 10/11 WG's there are only 2 windshields that harley makes. Is it a harley shield or aftermarket?
As far as it goes with an exhaust. Alot of people do the same thing, I am one of them. Bought rush slipons right away and within 6 months bought a full exhuast. Should saved that 300 bucks on the slipons and put it towards my exhuast.
the only identifying markers on it that i could find were the HD symbols on the clamps. so it leads me to believe that it is a HD windshield.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:53 AM
twerkman2
Cruiser

I have same windshield I bought new from harley heres some info.
58387-06 new is 349.95 page 134 of the harley catalog
fits 06 and later dyna wides

Old 05-01-2012, 08:04 AM
casteel
Cruiser

Originally Posted by twerkman2
I have same windshield I bought new from harley heres some info.
58387-06 new is 349.95 page 134 of the harley catalog
fits 06 and later dyna wides
awesome!!

thanks for the info..i really appreciate it.