Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebag Guards

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 12:44 PM
RUBI-VET
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

there is a guy on the switchback owners site currently working on his own design.. hopefully they work because a bunch of us would like something[/quote]

I'm still looking for a good bag guard option, if the custom application looks good I may be interested in picking one up too

Old 06-03-2014, 12:20 AM
rogersachs
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Smile Saddle Bag Guards

Originally Posted by black switchback
Does anyone know where you can buy saddlebag guards for Dyna switchback
I have been looking for 6 years. They have them for the Road King baggers , but nothing for the Dyna.
Probably nothing for soft tail or v rod. . They do have something to attach directly to the hard bag, but as far as I am concerned, its cosmetic and not protective. Need something to mount to frame or rear shock bolt.
Possibly some member could suggest something. Possibly a fabricator. I would be glad to pay.
Keep trying . Would appreciate anything you find.
Thanks for the post.
Roger

Old 10-06-2014, 01:15 AM
rogersachs
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Pamoola
They're here!! HD has listened to our nagging. Mine are delivered, & will be installed this weekend.
Pam,
You are right. $299 part 90201044 Supposed to fis FXD but my best guess it can be adapted to any recient Dyna.
Maybe a present for xmas
Roger

Old 10-07-2014, 05:52 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by rogersachs
Pam,
You are right. $299 part 90201044 Supposed to fis FXD but my best guess it can be adapted to any recient Dyna.
Maybe a present for xmas
Roger

these are switchback specific parts as they bolt directly to the saddle bags

Old 10-07-2014, 03:59 PM
Paulflhx
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I bought these from my dealer, took them home, opened the box and was sooooo disappointed. These are worthless for protection. I took them back and received a refund immediately. They need to design something that attaches to the upper part of the shock tower and maybe the passenger footpeg bracket area, a fixed part of the frame. My Streetglide saddlebag guards gave complete protection from a parking lot tipover. Barely a scratch on the guards, either!

Old 10-08-2014, 06:10 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulflhx
I bought these from my dealer, took them home, opened the box and was sooooo disappointed. These are worthless for protection. I took them back and received a refund immediately. They need to design something that attaches to the upper part of the shock tower and maybe the passenger footpeg bracket area, a fixed part of the frame. My Streetglide saddlebag guards gave complete protection from a parking lot tipover. Barely a scratch on the guards, either!

unfortunately this is the best they could do and really designed for parking lot speed or tip overs..
your suggestion that they attach at shocks and foot pegs wont work because of passenger footpeg mounted to swingarm..