Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever done this? TSM / TSSM related

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 08:33 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Anyone ever done this? TSM / TSSM related

I want to change my TSSM to a TSM. I read, read and read some more on how to do this. I know I have to first replace the TSSM with a TSM module (this is key), then once I try to start the bike, it will go dead and then have to go through the "marrying the ECM with the new TSM".

I take out the old TSSM and install the new "TSM" that I bought on ebay. I start the process and realize my alarm was still going off. I was dumb founded. Why would my new "TSM" be setting off an alarm when it doesnt have one? Lol That was my first clue...

So I continue the process of marrying the ECU and new "TSM". 30 minutes later the process is done and I go to start the bike and the alarm goes off again. WTH? I bypass the alarm using the turn signal bypass (because I knew my bypass code) and I start the bike and it runs great. So, obviously the ECU was married to the new "TSM".... but when I turn it off, it still chirps as if I have an alarm. WTH again? Lol

I bypass the alarm and pull the maxi fuse. I put the old TSSM back in and start the bike....and of course, it goes dead. Lol Well, thats because the ECU is married with the other "TSM". Ugh.... so I look at the new "TSM" part number and go to google...

And what do I find out? The new " TSM" is not a TSM, it is a TSSM...just with a different part # than the one on my bike. Hahahahahaha

I ordered the wrong one on ebay and the description on the ebay listing wasnt clear.

I guess the good news is I now know the "marrying" process works and I have a TSM ....the correct one....on order. I always learn these lessons the hard way.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:16 PM
Chasespeed
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you removing the security system altogether? I'm interested. Sick and tired of the fob. The security system would be great if I'm traveling, etc.
But, for the most part, it's an annoyance.

Chase

Old 08-15-2014, 09:18 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Chasespeed
Are you removing the security system altogether? I'm interested. Sick and tired of the fob. The security system would be great if I'm traveling, etc.
But, for the most part, it's an annoyance.

Chase
Yes, I am removing the security system all together. I just want to stick the key in a RIDE!

Its not hard to do, just gotta have the right parts.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:30 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

The siren is a separate piece. Not sure where it goes on your bike but on my softail it was behind the splash guard.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:33 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

we
Originally Posted by Hogpro
The siren is a separate piece. Not sure where it goes on your bike but on my softail it was behind the splash guard.
But the problem is I installed another TSSM, not a TSM. Lol

Old 08-16-2014, 05:59 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

How do I know which I have? I have a fob that is needed to start my bike, but I have never heard a siren or chirp of any kind.

I would like to put the new system I saw on a new Sportster the other day, no key required at all. Once the fob is in the area, the run switch can be turned to on and the bike can be started, no fob, no signal.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:50 AM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by blueangel73
How do I know which I have? I have a fob that is needed to start my bike, but I have never heard a siren or chirp of any kind.

I would like to put the new system I saw on a new Sportster the other day, no key required at all. Once the fob is in the area, the run switch can be turned to on and the bike can be started, no fob, no signal.
If you dont hear a chirp, then the siren is probably unplugged or you didnt have one installed. Im not familiar with the new sportster bu5 once I change my tssm for a tsm, I will only need the key to start the bike....no more FOB.

On my softail, there is no key required, I just have a FOB. Just walk up to the bike, with the FOB within range and start the bike. I could also replace the tssm on thr softail with a tsm but then there would be no FOB needed nor a key needed to start the bike.