Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

07 FLHTCU bus er and all alarm lights on

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 07:37 AM
llewop
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool 07 FLHTCU bus er and all alarm lights on

OK, iv'e got an 07 FLHTCU. This problems has been escalating. It started out very intermittent. I see "bus er" displayed in the odometer window. All of the alarm indicators are lit. The red security light stays on. At first, this would not interfere with the operation of the bike in any way. After refueling yesterday, it started but died and that was all i could do..
Also, preceding this issue, when transmitting on the CB radio the engines misses and sputters. When i release the PTT, it runs normally.
I have the bike at the dealership, i hope somebody knows something about this issue.
Could it be the HFSM has failed.??

Old 09-21-2015, 11:45 AM
enodrano
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The "BUS ER" indicates you have a bad electrical connection or an overloaded electrical system. The fact that you mention CB radio makes me think you may be overloading the system with too many electrical accessories or a few accessories are demanding too much power. Try disconnecting your CB, GPS, etc... and turn off your radio to see if that helps. Also, pulling the main fuse should clear the "BUS ER" so you can troubleshoot exactly which accessory is the culprit.

Good Luck!

Old 09-23-2015, 08:31 PM
llewop
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, my bike has been at the Dealership for 5 days and they said they didn't know what was wrong with it. I'll go get it tomorrow and begin some serious troubleshooting. I don't know yet but i'll post any results I come up with.
There has got to be an answer.