Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

Twin Cam 88" build-Cam questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 09:55 AM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,421 Likes on 3,729 Posts

Originally Posted by djl
Useless but you continue to rebut. I haven't thanked anyone because I don't recall from my nearly 8K posts ever asking anyone a question; I am usually answering or in our case, disagreeing. However, I have expressed gratitude in a few posts where an oversight on my part has been pointed out by another forum member. Going my way now!
Ok so you're a snob.. Anyone that posts something useful be it for me or simply good information I deem worthy gets a thumbs up from me.. It's an easy way to agree with what they are saying without adding another message to a discussion.

Old 02-08-2017, 11:04 AM
djl
HDF Community Team

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,538 Posts

Originally Posted by bwoltz
Ok so you're a snob.. Anyone that posts something useful be it for me or simply good information I deem worthy gets a thumbs up from me.. It's an easy way to agree with what they are saying without adding another message to a discussion.
I will take it; been called worse.. I just don't agree with some of LXT's comments about crank run out but that's JMHO. I don't see any upside to continue the back and forth as it appears LXT views my thoughts on the subject as just wrong and we will never agree. So, like any self respecting snob would do, I decline to rebut and continue the discussion. We are both guilty of hi-jacking the thread anyway.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:43 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,421 Likes on 3,729 Posts

Originally Posted by djl
I will take it; been called worse.. I just don't agree with some of LXT's comments about crank run out but that's JMHO. I don't see any upside to continue the back and forth as it appears LXT views my thoughts on the subject as just wrong and we will never agree. So, like any self respecting snob would do, I decline to rebut and continue the discussion. We are both guilty of hi-jacking the thread anyway.
Well not sure I've seen wheels creep scissor. I have seen them creep spread and have a buddy that had a set creep pinch.. I'll agree with you on the use of gears. They work fine but if it's a later bike with hydraulic tensioners, I'd likely keep them unless the lift is real high.. Early bikes with the spring tensioners are OK for stock or real mild builds with light springs but you gotta check em..

Old 09-03-2017, 10:06 AM
SJoe72
Stage I
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since anodizing is a chemical conversion process and not a plating, it is unlikely that that colored chips or flakes are coming from the cam plate unless the cam plate material is somehow coming apart.

The following users liked this post:
chief08 (09-03-2017)