General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discount ESP Bad Experience.. advice?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 05:24 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

I buy mine from the dealer and have never had a issue. There is a reason a mobile home is cheaper than a house.

Old 02-28-2019, 09:10 PM
leftyjm
Road Warrior

Received 395 Likes on 270 Posts

So anyway after all is said and done where does all this stand?
Good news?

Old 02-28-2019, 10:03 PM
jlopez731
Novice
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by leftyjm
So anyway after all is said and done where does all this stand?
Good news?
Unfortunately.. no. I’m not able to comment on this situation any further but I would like everyone to know this is simply a terrible company to deal with.

I can tell you that they denied the claim strictly on a “strong feeling” even though it contradicted the inspectors report. They’re just sticking to their guns about that “feeling”.

Old 02-28-2019, 10:44 PM
paid4c4
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Good luck with this mess and I hope it works out for you. I bought extended warranty last year for my 2017 RGU. I investigated a number of companies including ESP and after doing my research and after recalling my experience with HD extended warranty I bought the HD extended warranty. I realize HD's extended warranty is just an insurance company selling a warranty through HD. However the times I've used it I've never had a problem. I've used it twice while traveling and was really impressed by the dealers that helped me and was thankful I had the Hd Extended warranty. I hope Jim Palmer address your issue here on the forum.
Bill

Old 03-01-2019, 06:44 AM
leftyjm
Road Warrior

Received 395 Likes on 270 Posts

I’m about ready to renew my warranty with Jim P and I would certainly like to see some sort of explanation or I may have to rethink this.

Old 03-01-2019, 07:44 AM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,668 Likes on 1,660 Posts

Originally Posted by jlopez731
Unfortunately.. no. I’m not able to comment on this situation any further but I would like everyone to know this is simply a terrible company to deal with.

I can tell you that they denied the claim strictly on a “strong feeling” even though it contradicted the inspectors report. They’re just sticking to their guns about that “feeling”.
Sounds like you've lawyered up. Good.

I think you have a good chance of prevailing. There is case law in some states (don't know about Wisconsin specifically) that establishes that the warranty company has to provide actual evidence of abuse in order to deny a claim in those grounds. Given that sometimes things just break for no apparent reason, the fact that it did break, in and if itself, is not evidence of abuse. What's more, the burden of proof is on them, not you. You don't have to prove non-abuse.

Its a huge PITA to have to go through all this. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Old 03-01-2019, 08:05 AM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,388 Likes on 2,952 Posts

Originally Posted by purpledeuce
Cancel the esp and get a pro rated refund
This. Then take your bike to an indie that has a decent reputation in your area.

Old 03-01-2019, 08:40 AM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,668 Likes on 1,660 Posts

Why should he cancel the ESP for a partial refund instead of demanding the coverage he paid for?

Old 03-01-2019, 08:43 AM
CoronaHOG
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Curious - if he would have purchased the Harley Extended Service Plan do you think this would have been covered... and without all of the back and forth bs?

thanks.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:32 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,877 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Originally Posted by 0maha
Sounds like you've lawyered up. Good.

I think you have a good chance of prevailing. There is case law in some states (don't know about Wisconsin specifically) that establishes that the warranty company has to provide actual evidence of abuse in order to deny a claim in those grounds. Given that sometimes things just break for no apparent reason, the fact that it did break, in and if itself, is not evidence of abuse. What's more, the burden of proof is on them, not you. You don't have to prove non-abuse.

Its a huge PITA to have to go through all this. Hope you get it sorted soon.
Fingers crossed - hope things work out for you!

Quick Reply: Discount ESP Bad Experience.. advice?