General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2020 Rumor Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 08:49 PM
daniel.sm
Road Master
Received 145 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisHo
Indian is going that route, some are hoping the T111 is being kept but its not a guarantee.

I really would love to see a new chassis under the touring line, they are really porky and could stand to lose five to ten percent of their weight. I have high hopes for Harley's new line of engines, really gives them an opportunity to try new model types without alienating the existing base. They can both exist side by side.

2020 is shaping up to be an amazing year with Harley, BMW, and Indian, all making big moves.
If you look at the "More Roads to H-D" investor presentation, this is exactly what the MoCo plans on doing.

Old 07-03-2019, 08:51 PM
daniel.sm
Road Master

Originally Posted by P51Driver
No more 1200 Sportster Custom
The color chart would give us some clues on what's not returning....but since only the paint chips have been posted and the page that says which model receives which color has not......

Old 07-03-2019, 08:55 PM
oldsoldier181
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 12,651 Likes on 4,354 Posts

Originally Posted by daniel.sm
Since we're a few weeks away from the release for the 2020 MY (aug 20-21) let's try to group in a single thread all the rumors that we've been hearing.

I'm going to start with all I've heard/read, please, refrain from making jokes ("vivid black will return") as we are trying to group the information.

1- A Sportster family whole overhaul (and I've heard they're in doubt of keeping the Sportster name)
2- Dropping M-8 107 in favor of M-8 114.
3- Touring line receiving a new monoshock frame
4- No more "Ultra" touring models....it will only exist the "Limited" trim - RGU would be transitioned to RG Limited
5- Heritage Classic becoming chromed again
6- A new "standard" touring model to take the place of both EG Standard and RK (you would be able to choose the batwing or a windshield....detachable??)
7- Street family would be dropped all along

And the obvious one is the release of the 1st bike of the upcoming Electric Family with the LiveWire.

Did anyone hear something more or different??
THAT I am interested in. If they keep the price the same as the EGS this year, I am in the market next fall for one. I ride an 02 RKC right now, and want to try the EG model. I have zero use for the radio, I use my phone, or maps, for navigation, but I want the bat wing. I am honestly torn between the EGS and the Heritage. Two separate bikes, I know-I like the look of the Heritage, except the ugly seat studs (much prefer the old chrome ones).

Old 07-03-2019, 09:31 PM
firehawk6
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,438 Likes on 2,952 Posts

Originally Posted by tbob
Only thing that has changed from a 2007 SG and 2019 SG is they painted the chrome, bigger engine and fancy radio, that SG in 2007 was $16,500 and the 2019 is $28,000 ,Stay in the HD game long enough you will find the biggest change is the price from year to year. The good old pan motor would take me to the tavern just as fast as the fancy new M8.
The average price of a pickup truck has increased 48% since 2009. So comparatively is Harley Davidson really that far out of line with everything else?

Originally Posted by daniel.sm
I'm partial to say anything about the Sportster because I do love 'em (since I've got one) and feel that they are marvelous machines....but on a rational side, the engine won't live much longer due to emissions....(and I ain't selling mine)
I'm been saying the aircooled V-twin is a dinosaur for quite a while now. I love mine, but they are coming to the end of their life.

Old 07-03-2019, 11:15 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,175 Likes on 3,807 Posts

Originally Posted by upflying
Vivid Black will be available on the 2020 models.
Thank god. Now I can sleep soundly tonight.

The following users liked this post:
blap (08-19-2019)
Old 07-04-2019, 07:12 AM
daniel.sm
Road Master

I know that the color chart has been out for sometime....but the last page of the chart was missing (the one that says which model receive which color)......does anyone know/have this page?

This would make easier to discover the models that won't be returning

89Speedy (07-05-2019)
Old 07-05-2019, 02:30 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 266 Likes on 171 Posts

Saw on another thread but didn't see it mentioned here, the possibility of blackened models for the full blown tour pack bikes.

Old 07-05-2019, 04:09 PM
wizardfitz
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I drive a semi and deliver to a HD warehouse. I asked if they had a 2020 parts and accessory catalog they said none are being sent.

Old 07-05-2019, 04:20 PM
not a sock
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 983 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by Xcrossbow
Saw on another thread but didn't see it mentioned here, the possibility of blackened models for the full blown tour pack bikes.
I sure hope NOT!!
The awful all Black models don't sell as well as the near Chrome ones......

blap (08-19-2019)
Old 07-05-2019, 04:30 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 266 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by not a sock
I sure hope NOT!!
The awful all Black models don't sell as well as the near Chrome ones......
Do you have numbers to back up that claim?. Most dealers that I've visited seem to have perhaps as many as 2-3 times as many RGS and SGS in stock as regular RG and SG and I don't think is is because the regular RG and SG are selling out so much faster especially since the Specials come stock with the 114. No stats to back that up JMO.

Quick Reply: 2020 Rumor Thread