General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are your thoughs on this OTD price?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 03:42 PM
Lamsauce
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're quite right. I am happy but at the same time mortified. But I have wanted this bike for a long time. I just felt getting some opinions from experienced riders would let me know whether it's a good or bad decision. Probably should have done this before, but again its done and its better than my friend's deal where he got charged 11k for the new iron at Riverside (again I highly discourage giving your business to Riverside). Now all I will do is to try to get that free service, ride my money worth, and work hard.

Old 07-16-2019, 04:43 PM
Jehu
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,073 Likes on 609 Posts

Not going to get into the coulda-shudda-woudda discussion; congratulations on your new ride - the 883 Iron is a cool bike!

Ride safe - be extra cautious and don't take unnecessary chances.

Old 07-16-2019, 04:51 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,541 Likes on 3,793 Posts

Originally Posted by Lamsauce
Ok got it. And according to @RIPSAW . So I will definitely be planning to ask for the 1k service to be free. My question is how should I go about doing so. I don't want to come across as not honoring my deal or trying to be pushy, not that I care what they think, but I think having a good relationship with the dealership is important for the future. So what would you recommend me say. Something like: Could you guys maybe please cover the 1k service fee? Ill try to write some good reviews online for you.

Haha Thanks again.
It's too late. Once you put money down, in most states, only deal you can break is a car. Few states consider a bike no more then a hobby.

Where you are at reminds me of my buddie I have know for 50 years. We pride ourself in getting the best deal on what we buy.

He had gone with his wife while she car shopped. They were sitting at a table and he and the salesman were going back and forth on different discounts. His wife thru up her hand and looking at my friend told him she was not leaving with out that new GMC Jimmy. He looked over and the salesman was smiling ear to ear.

Old 07-16-2019, 05:02 PM
b0lingball
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lamsauce
You're quite right. I am happy but at the same time mortified. But I have wanted this bike for a long time. I just felt getting some opinions from experienced riders would let me know whether it's a good or bad decision. Probably should have done this before, but again its done and its better than my friend's deal where he got charged 11k for the new iron at Riverside (again I highly discourage giving your business to Riverside). Now all I will do is to try to get that free service, ride my money worth, and work hard.
Congrats on your new iron. Riverside and huntington Beach Harley are owned by the same owner. If you read their yelp reviews, most customers complaint about their bait and switch tactics.

Old 07-16-2019, 05:24 PM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,211 Likes on 11,120 Posts

Originally Posted by b0lingball
Congrats on your new iron. Riverside and huntington Beach Harley are owned by the same owner. If you read their yelp reviews, most customers complaint about their bait and switch tactics.
Yep, post #1 describes a bait and switch perfectly. You come to the dealer to buy an advertised bike.."sorry it's sold, but we have this new one right over here".

Old 07-16-2019, 06:30 PM
Sorce
Tourer
Received 95 Likes on 65 Posts

Just keep the Mother Intercourser forever and ride that Bytch till you don't give a shyte how much you paid.

Sorce

The following users liked this post:
CaffeineBuzz (07-16-2019)
Old 07-16-2019, 07:00 PM
mskirwin
Club Member
Received 1,449 Likes on 1,085 Posts

At this point don’t look back. Enjoy what you bought and ride the hell out of her. Buy a service manual and start doing your own service. Most things are easy on a bike. The forums are here to help if you get stuck. Best of luck.