General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vehicle registration renewal ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 12:05 PM
scoobysteve
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vehicle registration renewal ???

Hi UK Fat Bob owner with bike in Florida.
I got my ride in June 09 and I have just realized after cleaning my bike after a ride out today my tag has expired, I just assumed that it would be valid for a year from the dealer. Can someone tell me how I go about renewing this and what documents I will need, also will it start from the day I renew or continue from 09/12, also how long does it last can I get a year or even 2 year one, many thanks
Steve

Old 01-17-2010, 12:54 PM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a copy of the vehicle regstration to the department of motor vehicle , license dept, pay fee, and you should get your lisc. tag renewed. Renewal are for one year. at least thats all I ever saw.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:35 PM
scoobysteve
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cowboy Harry
Take a copy of the vehicle regstration to the department of motor vehicle , license dept, pay fee, and you should get your lisc. tag renewed. Renewal are for one year. at least thats all I ever saw.
Thanks for the response, are there any forms to fill out, and can these be downloaded in advance from anywhere, its totally new to me this so will rather be prepared, thanks again.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:51 PM
NavyPT
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most states including Florida will allow you to renew registrations online including multi-year. Give a try. Also, be prepared for the increase in registration fees. Florida has increased the vehicle registration fees quite significantly this year.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:37 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Seems odd they didn't send you a renewal notice/form in the mail. In Illinois, they send your renewal a few months before it's due. You can mail a check, pay online or on the phone, or go into a DMV office and do it.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Seascape
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
Seems odd they didn't send you a renewal notice/form in the mail. In Illinois, they send your renewal a few months before it's due. You can mail a check, pay online or on the phone, or go into a DMV office and do it.
They will next time he expires but right now he is considered "new registration".

Old 01-17-2010, 10:12 PM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
Usually one would think so. Can't say for other states but here in Texas, they don't guaranty anything. I usually get a renewal notice a month or so before it's due but I did have one year were I didn't get the notice. Fortunately, I caught it before the cops did. When I inquired as to why I didn't get one, I was curtly informed by the guy in the DMV that the state wasn't required to send them out and that it was my responsibility. Either they got screwed up or the post office lost it somewhere. It wouldn't be the first time that's happened!

Old 01-17-2010, 10:30 PM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member

Here in Virginia, we have the option to renew our vehicles for 2 years. So the bikes get renewed in the odd years, & the jeep gets renewed in the even years. Works for me...

Old 01-17-2010, 10:44 PM
ashmarc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I wish we could reg. for 2 yrs in NV..no dice (pun intended).

Old 01-17-2010, 10:51 PM
cbrenthus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,578 Likes on 666 Posts

What county in FL is it registered in? If it is registered in Pinellas, you can go to www.taxcollect.com and renew onlinem unless it is expired 8 months or more, in which case you have to go there. Also, in FL registration is good until your birthday and that is it. And last, you CAN register for 2 years here.

Quick Reply: Vehicle registration renewal ???