General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats up?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 07:44 PM
slick willy 73
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats up?

Have you ever noticed how easy it is for some people to put down on your ride? Just to find out that they are riding a bike with nothing on it, or let the local Harley shop put chrome on it. That OK I guess. I think Some of the best looking bikes are the ones with alittle bit of elbow grease and sweat put in to them. I say dare to think outside the box and do what fills good to you. If anyone knows of a mid size touring trunk that would go good with the old school bubble bags I would be thankful.

Old 09-03-2010, 09:19 PM
fxdx-fly-by
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

i think dynas are bare bones bikes if you want all the fringe then get a touring bike..but bags are a must sometimes..ff helmets in winter MUST.. leather gloves in winter a MUST but the windshield and highway bars..not for me..

Old 09-03-2010, 09:21 PM
dFREDb
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fxdx-fly-by
i think dynas are bare bones bikes if you want all the fringe then get a touring bike..but bags are a must sometimes..ff helmets in winter MUST.. leather gloves in winter a MUST but the windshield and highway bars..not for me..
When I can afford that Black Denim Street Glide, then I'll strip it down!

Old 09-03-2010, 09:49 PM
slick willy 73
Advanced

Well, I'm happy to see this is still the same U.S. of A. I fought for. I take 200 to 300 mile trips every week sometimes more. Here in Kentucky we dont have a helmet law. But if you leave the state you do. So I'm kinda srewed on that end of it. I like having bags to haul **** in, but it is nice to drop'em and go. When I got my bob I was single. Met my wife, so rather than trading it in and giving my bike away, I done what I could do fit it for taking long trips. By the way dynas make great touring rides. Plus I love to work on the damn thing.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Dalbergia
Tourer

Originally Posted by slick ***** 73
Well, I'm happy to see this is still the same U.S. of A. I fought for. I take 200 to 300 mile trips every week sometimes more. Here in Kentucky we dont have a helmet law. But if you leave the state you do
You can come north, Ohio is a rider's choice state (unless you are under 21, or have had your endorsement less than a year). Indiana and Pennsylvania are also OK (similar restrictions apply). There is a lot of room to roam in just these four states, and you can get farther west lidless (check http://www.ama-cycle.org/legisltn/laws.asp if you are curious).

Old 09-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Dalbergia
Tourer

Have you ever noticed how easy it is for some people to put down on your ride? Just to find out that they are riding a bike with nothing on it, or let the local Harley shop put chrome on it. That OK I guess. I think Some of the best looking bikes are the ones with alittle bit of elbow grease and sweat put in to them. I say dare to think outside the box and do what fills good to you. If anyone knows of a mid size touring trunk that would go good with the old school bubble bags I would be thankful.
As long as you are happy with your ride, everything is fine. They can have their own ride just the way they want it, too.

As to the tour pack match for the old style bags, there is a matching one. Unfortunately, I can't remember where I last saw one available (it has been a while... Sorry). Know that they have been available in the past, so you should be able to find one, though.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:27 PM
4 inch pistons
Road Master
Received 141 Likes on 81 Posts

I think Some of the best looking bikes are the ones with alittle bit of elbow grease and sweat put in to them. I say dare to think outside the box and do what fills good to you.
I tend to agree with you. How about a 20 year old bike that I love to "tinker with"? Anybody can write a check every month for a new bike.

Attached Thumbnails Whats up?-img_2979.jpg   Whats up?-img_2980.jpg  
Old 09-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Rick-e
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure exactly what this thread is about, but I loves my 15 year old soft tail...it suits me fine.
and oh yeah, I don't put down anyone's ride.

Last edited by Rick-e; 09-03-2010 at 10:44 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:31 AM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe a Givi tour box wouldn't look too bad on that little dyna you got...

But, I'd look thru eBay first. There were a few reasonably priced and decent looking off brand tour packs in there last time I looked...

Old 09-04-2010, 07:00 PM
the blob
Road Warrior
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick-e
I'm not sure exactly what this thread is about, but I loves my 15 year old soft tail...it suits me fine.
and oh yeah, I don't put down anyone's ride.

mee too evos rule!!