General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Twin City HD banner " We will not be undersold."

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 11:36 AM
casper gomez
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scottwilliamson
The funny thing is back in the day when I sold cars I allways made the most money on the guy who told me I had better sharpen my pencil and give him my best deal or he would walk.
not around here. around here "sharpen your pencil" means "i have been looking into this and you are too high. you gotta get competitive with somebody else's price or you don't get the business."

Old 10-28-2010, 12:42 PM
scottwilliamson
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by casper gomez
not around here. around here "sharpen your pencil" means "i have been looking into this and you are too high. you gotta get competitive with somebody else's price or you don't get the business."
I believe that it is what it means in most parts of the country. It has just been that in my experience the guy who opens with that line is usally not a very good negotiator.

Old 10-28-2010, 02:12 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,220 Likes on 4,770 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
Boy, If I only lived close by. My wife and I was visiting our son in Minneapolis over the week end. When we drove south on I-35 to head back home in Illinois, I saw this big banner on the building. Maybe there is some competition starting.

Anyone in the area know if this means that they will undercut other dealers offers for real?
Hell, you're allways talkin about how much scratch ya got so why don't ya just rent a jet and fly on up there?

Old 10-28-2010, 07:03 PM
BJB
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I saw that banner as I was going south on I-35 to pick up a starter bike I bought for a family member in Storm Lake IA. Coming back north in the evening my bro in law, who rode along, thought there was an empty salesfloor; Like in "Are they remodeling?" empty.
I had been thinking how after driving by all these new, fancy, dealerships around here that are out on interstates or major arterials that TC North, stuck off MN 65 would likely be forced by the Moco to build one of the new glitzy boutique stores over on I-35 vs where they are now. Too bad.
You either hate TC North from them being jackbags in the past and never go in there or use them. They have been square to me.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:17 PM
noname
Club Member
Received 989 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by mi2az
I would totally agree with the above comments. I would never go with someone stating they will meet or beat their competitors price. What they are really saying is, " I will take advantage of you as long as you don't catch me."
Now see I have a different opinion. I see a sign that says we will not be undersold and I think it's a place that wants a chance to get my business. So, I'll give them a shot. When I bought my bike in Feb. of 2007 I went there first. Then I went to Faribault Harley and bought there. The bike price was the same or within $100.00 anyway. But, I bought where I did because my personality and the salesmens personality clicked better. This is in no way a knock on TCHD. They were fine people to me. Noname

Old 10-28-2010, 10:58 PM
ElectraLarry
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I just bought my RGC there 2 months ago. They were just as good (or better) of people to deal with as the other 3 dealers I talked with. Zylstra was high priced as always and used pressure tactics (IMHO). I got the bike I wanted at LESS than MSRP, no dealer prep fees and the service department did a great job setting up the bike. I have had no issues with them at all. I would recommend them to anyone. Also, just to validate their claim about price, they have a Black 2010 RGC on the floor brand spankin new for $16500! Are you going to find that deal anywhere else? Hell no. I priced out the same bike at another dealer within 60 miles and he wanted over 20K and it was a rental bike with over 3000 miles on it! What a joke.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:15 AM
fizzy55
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TCHD south great people to deal with ,if you have an issue it's always taken care of

Old 10-29-2010, 10:53 AM
hamdizle
Cruiser

I also purchased my fb lo from tchd in blaine.....did alot of searching and reasearch, ended up getting it for $650 less than any other dealer...good people to work with...not a bunch of bs preasure....and it works out that I only live 2 miles away...I think having a "smaller shop" works out in the buyers favor...not as much overhead thuss better prices..service department did a good job tunning my bike also..

Old 10-29-2010, 12:33 PM
mnskip
Tourer

Bought my SG at Twin City North. Not only did I get a good deal, what I liked about it was the low overhead look of the dealership. I don't like going in them "shopping center" looking type dealers, where even the service department mechanics have clean hands. I don't go to TCHD much, and I'm sure they don't remember me buying a bike there until I purchase something, but they always treat me right. My bro-in-law had a fall out with them back in the 90's, and still talks bad about them. Look around at all these dealers that are having free seminars, cook outs, parties, and then check there prices. It is all in what you want.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:07 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by mnskip
Bought my SG at Twin City North. Not only did I get a good deal, what I liked about it was the low overhead look of the dealership. I don't like going in them "shopping center" looking type dealers, where even the service department mechanics have clean hands. I don't go to TCHD much, and I'm sure they don't remember me buying a bike there until I purchase something, but they always treat me right. My bro-in-law had a fall out with them back in the 90's, and still talks bad about them. Look around at all these dealers that are having free seminars, cook outs, parties, and then check there prices. It is all in what you want.
Here in Pittsburgh, we have one of these "shopping center" looking type dealership (Z&M Harley) and the others are pretty much "normal" dealerships.
The big difference is Z&M has a shitload of accessories and parts in stock, unlike most of the other dealers.
2 examples:
1) Z&M has aftermarket seats in stock, very few of the others do. When you want to try a seat before buying it, Z&M allows you to do it and you can generally negotiate a small discount if you buy it. The others tell you, pay first (MSRP), I'll order it for you and if you don't like it ........... too bad cause we don't accept returns. You get a store credit.
2) my closest HD dealer doesn't even stock a friggin' $12 bottle of paint for engine touch-up ....... He has to order it and it takes 5 to 7 days. <sigh> By the way, his prices are strict MSRP. He doesn't even give a discount to the HOG members of the Chapter he sponsors. <sigh again>

Last edited by frenchbiker; 10-30-2010 at 08:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Twin City HD banner " We will not be undersold."