General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got stopped at a MC checkpoint..

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

-------------

Last edited by Zig Zag 2010; 11-03-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:28 PM
simpkinst
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zig Zag 2010
Then why do we all have to take off our shoes in the airport? Just askin'
its not the people...they're profiling all the shoes.

seriously - they SHOULD be stopping all the people of middle east decent. But that would not be politically correct now would it?

I mean if 99% of the terrorists are of middle eastern decent, why are they strip searching all the 98 year old grandmas? waste of everyones time, but polliticaly acceptable.

I am living in a world I no longer understand.

Last edited by simpkinst; 06-27-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:34 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

if you want to ride on public roads, then you will be subject to the laws and rules and regulations that the general public--thru their elected officials--want their law officers to enforce. it is for your own good...what if they found your stolen motorcycle at a checkpoint? how about if it keeps a drunk off the road or an unsafe motorcycle from crashing? you are not being picked on. get over it.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:32 PM
obonaven
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In Jersey you always need to show your registration when you are pulled over; motorcycle or car. The for when you go to inspection. Motorcycles no longer need to go to inspection now.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:47 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seriously, we made fun of people like you where I grew up. Now I understand you can't help it.
Originally Posted by dan conner
if you want to ride on public roads, then you will be subject to the laws and rules and regulations that the general public--thru their elected officials--want their law officers to enforce. it is for your own good...what if they found your stolen motorcycle at a checkpoint? how about if it keeps a drunk off the road or an unsafe motorcycle from crashing? you are not being picked on. get over it.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:58 PM
TattoodCaptain
Road Warrior
Received 939 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by oldairboater
Seriously, we made fun of people like you where I grew up. Now I understand you can't help it.
LMAO!!!!!! ....and most of em were "hall monitors"

Old 06-27-2011, 09:00 PM
smokey422
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mal74
There's a lawsuit going through New York State courts now to prohibit motorcycle only checkpoints.

Seems the Department of National Highway Safety has given thousands of dollars to local and state authorities to have these checkpoints.

Bikers in NY are trying to stop it, as they should.
Mal, you are absolutely right, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has allotted a big grant (don't remember the exact figure but it's in the hundreds of thousands of dollars) for these checkpoints. They are supposed to be safety checkpoints where the cops give us riding tips and then check our bikes over for safe operation. If you believe that's what they're doing, I've got some swamp land in Florida, etc., etc.

The first checkpoints were set up in Georgia in March to stop riders going to Daytona. Since then it has spread, as some of our friends on this forum have discovered. You can find out much more about this by going to the Motorcycle Riders Foundation website (www.mrf.org) and reading the information there. Better yet, if you are not a member, join MRF as they are actively fighting this discrimination. Also join your state motorcycle rights organization, as they will be needed in this fight, too.

Just had a thought: I wonder if they're stopping any chapters of the Gold Wing Road Riders Association?

Smokey

Old 06-27-2011, 09:41 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by simpkinst
what rights?
If you haven't done anything illegal, why should you have to be interrogated at a motorcycle only checkpoint?

What if they decided to do safety inspections on your house? You just going to let them in? I don't think so.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:55 PM
charle
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats the point of having the registration with you? Isnt all that info on there computer?

Old 06-27-2011, 09:55 PM
owend78
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by simpkinst
its not the people...they're profiling all the shoes.

seriously - they SHOULD be stopping all the people of middle east decent. But that would not be politically correct now would it?

I mean if 99% of the terrorists are of middle eastern decent, why are they strip searching all the 98 year old grandmas? waste of everyones time, but polliticaly acceptable.

I am living in a world I no longer understand.
This doesn't happen often with anybody for me, but I agree 100% with every word you said there.

Quick Reply: Got stopped at a MC checkpoint..