General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V-Rod is the FXR of the New Age

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 06:23 PM
johnnyhumble
Tourer
Received 102 Likes on 23 Posts

ok, well I guess I was wrong in saying it is the best handling bike I have ridden, maybe a better term would have been to say it is the best handling bike I have OWNED. Maybe, I am just a noob who is so ignorant to the "geometry" of a "good handling" bike that I'm blind as to how bad this bike handles.

I stand by what I started this thread on, which is that this bike is going to be like the FXR. People will one day trylu realize the engineering genius. One day the true enthusiasts will defend it as fervently as FXR fans do their bikes.

The long wheelbase and wide tire are decieving and the motor is unimpressive to those that don't ever get it above 5K rpm's. But, all I know is I am smiling all the way to work on my bike. I guess we will have to wait and see what the future holds. By the way, I love the blue FXR one of you guys have posted in your avatar.

Old 10-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,919 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191
Some of these guys just don't understand that there is more to "handling" than a smooth ride.
I think someone has to experience it to understand, but most just aren't interested. Not even in learning what makes their bike work, much less how to improve it. Its so much easier for them just to repeat what they heard at the dealer.
You're absolutely right.

I go through this same argument with the guys that slam their bikes down to the ground (rear fender 1/2" above the tire, and their bottom triple tree almost touching the front fender). A whole bunch of these guys talk up how great their bikes handle and what a great/improved ride they have. Bullshit.

If they were just honest about why they did that to their bikes (for a "look"), I wouldn't have a problem with it. It does look cool, but when they start talking about how great their bike rides and handles...I'm going to call them out on their bullshit every time.

After riding my friend's slammed custom chopper for about 30 min, I thought I was going to be pissing blood from the beating my kidneys took. Any time I tried to lean the bike beyond about 20 degrees to the left, the kickstand would scrape. I wasn't expecting anything to be hitting the asphalt at that lean angle, and it startled me. Handles great, my ***.

Anyways, sorry for the thread drift. Back to the topic...

Last edited by Then Came Bronson; 10-01-2011 at 06:39 PM.