General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

May have screwed up my security system. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 07:19 PM
Vet_Rider
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default May have screwed up my security system. Help!

Hate to make my first post here about screwing something up but I need help. I have an 09 1200c with the Harley security system. I bought a siren off ebay that said fit my bike but come to find out it was missing one of the wiring harnesses and that was the one I needed. Since it was the older siren model the dealer could not get the harness. Well being a stubborn old Army man I figured I could rig it. Only 3 wires right? Well here is were I may have messed up. I cut the plugs from both ends and put male/female connectors on. Well the siren wouldn't work but as far as I can tell the security system still works like it should. I tried riding for awhile because the instructions said the internal battery may need charging. No luck. So I decided to go the Radio Shack way and bought the siren. Check the forums here to make sure I hooked it up right. After hooking it up and replacing the fuse the siren comes on and stays on. It also sounds like a dying cat and not loud at all. Plus the bike won't start and displays an error code. Take the siren off and everything is back to normal. So any suggestions? How bad did I screw up?

Old 09-13-2013, 07:31 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,572 Likes on 3,819 Posts

You say all is OK after removing so why would it not be OK? The three wires should be BN/GY (power 12 volts) LGN/BN (signal) BK (ground)

Old 09-13-2013, 08:02 PM
Vet_Rider
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I mean as far as adding a siren. Did I screw something up that is keeping either siren from working properly. The Harley siren was sold as new and the Piezo works because I tested it on a 9 volt. The wires are color coded on the Harley siren.