General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Handle bars

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2021, 06:52 AM
Gunny357
Advanced
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Handle bars

Stock handle bars on a '18 FLTRU.
Developed tendonitis in my left elbow. Went round and round with some doctors and finally got real lucky at the VA of all places. Last doctor rides and understands. He thinks its all about the angles of wrist and elbow when I pull the clutch. BTW, missing some fingers on my left hand which contributes.
He suggested trying some different handle bars with a different angle, pull my elbows in closer to my ribs.
Went to the HD stealer and got a deer in the headlight look, best they could come up with was some ape hangers.
Pretty sure there's something out there but, where to start looking?
Been riding since '68, have ridden cross country several times and never had this issue. Had one doctor tell me that old age is creeping up and I should consider giving up riding. Not going to go near that quak again.

Lost my left index finger and half of my middle finger to drive belts in '79. Couldn't pull the clutch but wanted to ride so removed the mirror, turned the whole lutch assembly up side down so I'd be pushing the clutch instead of pulling it, put the mirror on and rode it like that for several months.

So.... Any ideas or suggestions?