Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Bike runs rough, backfires, dies

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 07:55 AM
bustert
Grand HDF Member
Received 714 Likes on 625 Posts

doubt the hole in the line since that would affect fuel pressure and it would get worst as demand goes up. two things that can cause this for sure is the crk sensor and the map sensor, no cleaning is the world will fix them. so the question is what codes are being displayed??
the tps can cause issues also but usually with throttle related issues, machine will still idle since it has a base setting. idle control will not cause above idle issues since the throttle plate is open.
fuel pressure that fluctuates severely can cause problems, check it. do not rule out elecrtical.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:18 AM
Ryan05wg
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bustert
doubt the hole in the line since that would affect fuel pressure and it would get worst as demand goes up. two things that can cause this for sure is the crk sensor and the map sensor, no cleaning is the world will fix them. so the question is what codes are being displayed??
the tps can cause issues also but usually with throttle related issues, machine will still idle since it has a base setting. idle control will not cause above idle issues since the throttle plate is open.
fuel pressure that fluctuates severely can cause problems, check it. do not rule out elecrtical.
there are no codes displayed, how do I check the fuel pressure? I am limited on tools as I am moving in 2 weeks and everything is packed already

Old 09-13-2017, 10:10 AM
bustert
Grand HDF Member
Received 714 Likes on 625 Posts

i run gravity=never fails!
i would have to look at the system but some have a schrader port on the fuel rail and some you have to insert a tee. harbor freight has a tester for cheap and probably will work. would have to look in the book for exact but pressure probably around 45# and will fluctuate when the throttle is snapped but will return when regulator catches up.