Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPST Intuitive?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 09:44 PM
Erilflynn
Road Master

Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts
Default SEPST Intuitive?

After watching the tutorial for the Harley tuner the SEPST seems unnecessarily complicated compared to th FP3 or PV or is it me? Maybe I just have to watch the tutorials more. Need to decide to buy the tuner or accept the dreaded “dealer download”. If it wasn’t for warranty concerns I would just buy the FP3 as I highly doubt I am going past a Stage 1.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:57 PM
TomCop
Tourer
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Can't place FP3 and PV in the same line. SEPST leans more to PV, when in regards to accepting mods for your engine, with PV able adjust much more.
If you just want to auto tune, then yes the interface with PV and FP3 is easier. Though for thorough tuning, you will need to go deeper in the settings of the tuner. This is applicable for both PV and SEPST. You will need to understand what those parameters do when adjusting.

The following users liked this post:
Erilflynn (11-29-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 08:34 PM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 599 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by Erilflynn
After watching the tutorial for the Harley tuner the SEPST seems unnecessarily complicated compared to th FP3 or PV or is it me? Maybe I just have to watch the tutorials more. Need to decide to buy the tuner or accept the dreaded “dealer download”. If it wasn’t for warranty concerns I would just buy the FP3 as I highly doubt I am going past a Stage 1.
IMO you have 2 logical choices:
Spend the time and commit to learning how EFI works so you will know what does what and how much. This means, at a minimum, you are computer savvy and have spent the time to learn how the tuning software works, calibration manipulation, and up/down loading calibrations from and to your tuning computer, phone, or whatever.
Assuming you are competent in the above you are good to go to start your Street Tuning experiences.
Or
Research the best tuner in your area and get it tuned right the first time without going through the above learning experiences.
Bob

The following users liked this post:
Ed Ramberger (12-05-2018)