Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 07:16 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by heywood727
That's what I was wondering. Could be the reason the dongle reads "Dual Band" That must be where the marriage locks in? Sound about right???
I think dual band means that that particular dongle can marry itself to two different bikes, you have the two bike option right? The same dongle is used for each bike. The dongle is what gets married to the bike.

Old 12-27-2009, 10:35 PM
heywood727
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great, that's what I was thinking. It is a Dual band dongle. Says so right on it. I've got a lot of reading infront of me. Then again I've got 3 more months before the snow goes away.

I'm thinking that the yuill Bros map might be a good starting point for the RG with the Bub TD's. Anything special or out of the ordinary with it??

Old 12-28-2009, 04:13 PM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just started playing with the tts and confused about something. Say I load a map and it's mostly set at 14.6 with red cells. I then go into clbs an choose close to a 14.2 range and do some vtune sessions. So far so good.
In the manual it states that when tuning is done to select afr in the table selection and then (set to original) or bike will run lean. The selected map originally had 14.6 red cells , and set to original keeps the 14.6 so how do I gain anything here? Is there any way to clear those pesky red cells to see what afr the map really is?
Ron

Old 12-28-2009, 05:45 PM
Lonewolf176
Road Warrior
Received 273 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by rbabos
Just started playing with the tts and confused about something. Say I load a map and it's mostly set at 14.6 with red cells. I then go into clbs an choose close to a 14.2 range and do some vtune sessions. So far so good.
In the manual it states that when tuning is done to select afr in the table selection and then (set to original) or bike will run lean. The selected map originally had 14.6 red cells , and set to original keeps the 14.6 so how do I gain anything here? Is there any way to clear those pesky red cells to see what afr the map really is?
Ron
The value that is in the red cells is the value you have set in the clb tables. Just don't forget that when you have alterd the clb's for closed loop and vtuned, you have also altered the afr you see outside of closed loop by the same amount.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:23 AM
rbabos
Banned

Thanks.
Ron

Last edited by rbabos; 12-29-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:02 PM
rbabos
Banned

Do I have to make any compensation in the iac steps initially when using a stock 46 tb compared to the ones in the 113 maps with larger throttle plates or are the iac bleed holes the same on most of these and blade openings are set to flow the same rates at idle?
Ron

Old 12-31-2009, 09:08 PM
woodmaster
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too am behind the times a bit I got custody of my 4 yr old grandson and am raising him by myself so my retirement changed a bit LOL
My question is can and how does this system work with the SERT ? I have an 05 ultra with the 95in BB with the 204 cams and Bassani duels. I also have to do something with my cam chain tensioners but thats another story.
My GS dont know it but he is going to be riding a lot next year.
Thanks All.
Happy New Year and Support our TROOPS past and present !!!!!

Old 01-01-2010, 09:25 AM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"My question is can and how does this system work with the SERT ?"

It doesn' work with the SERT, it replaces it. You can get a SERT upgrade if you contact TTS and complete some paperwork. Think of it as what SERT could have been if Harley would have extended their contract with TTS.

Good luck with your grandson and teach him to ride safe!

Mark

Old 01-01-2010, 10:59 AM
rahall
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default D&D Fat Cat 2-1

I got some new D&D Fat Cats 2-1 for my 2007 Ultra.

I am looking for some recommendations on a good starting base map for my configuration.

I have a K&N A/C and Headquarters 500 cams. No head work.

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Beach Bagger
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't want to hijack the thread, but I posted this in Touring section and got no response. Are the Mastertune and the new SEPST functionaly the same? I know they are made by different companies, but can each perform the same functions? Specifically, can you adjust the spedometer and idle with a SEPST? Thanks.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information