Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Biketronics stereo

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 07:08 PM
naezzo
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Biketronics stereo

I have a 2003 Electraglide Classic. When I purchased the bike I upgraded the sound system with the Harley high output system. The amplifier just went bad.

I contacted Joe at American Motor Classics and ordered a Biketronics system. I purchased high output Biketronics front speakers, the amp, the marine radio, Hog Tunes rear speakers and a sirius in-dash system. The whole system cost $1000.

It was easy to install, with the exception of the rear speakers. I got the system up and running and it completley blows the Harley system away. I will be finished with the Sirius install this weekend and provide photos of the button up'd system.

I highly recommend American Motor Classics and when calling please speak with Joe. He went out of his way to take care of me and made it happen. He also is a little less expensive than purchasing directly from Biketronics.

The whole system works with the original Harley hand controls. If you are interested in learning more, feel free to ask.

Old 09-27-2009, 02:10 PM
naezzo
4th Gear
Default Biketronics stereo follow up

I finshed the system. The hand controls work everything the radio does, including the Sirius. The system was easy to install.

If you want in dash Sirius and have a Sony SAT ready radio, you will need from Sirius part SCC-1 & SNYSC-1. You need both parts to make the Sirius work. One part is the receptor and the other is the translator. The Sony radio will not plug in and work without both parts.

After installing the radio, I placed the Biketronics module and amp on top of the radio. I then put the two Sirius parts on top of one another and wrapped them together with tie wraps and screwed them into the top of the radio using the Sirius braket. The wiring was all tied up and wrapped together.

The whole system sounds great and works with no problems.

Attached Thumbnails Biketronics stereo-electraglide-001.jpg   Biketronics stereo-electraglide-003.jpg   Biketronics stereo-electraglide-002.jpg  
Old 06-09-2010, 06:29 PM
AlphaBiker
Intermediate

I know this is an old post but just in case you are still around. I'm going to install a Sony head unit, Biketronics Retroradio kit and the Sirius setup. Sort of like you except for the amp. I have all of the necessary parts now. I have 2 questions for you. The Biketronics kit come with a sheet of plastic that covers the top of the head unit. So I guess that means there is a concern of water getting inside the fairing. Are you concerned about water getting into the Sirius SCC-1 & SNYSC units? It doesn't appear you have them covered in your pics. My other question is where did you locate your Sirius antenna? Thank you very much.

~eddie