Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 10:25 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Power Vision tuning

I did 7 tuning runs with the stock O2 sensors then installed the autotune module with WB sensors, started over with the same base map and have done 5 tuning runs so far. Both type runs made similar changes to the spark tables. These changes were minor. The VE changes I am seeing seem much more consistent that what I was seeing with the stock O2 sensors. The morning versus evening temps don't seem to affect them as much. The last run had all the VE changes around 1% or less. Few more runs to cover some other map areas and it should be very close.

I am working thru a few things with the WB tuning but the bike is running very good. I am very impressed with the Power Vision and expecting even more from DynoJet shortly.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:36 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Interesting. I'm wondering why you guys are constantly getting VE changes, even minor ones? Mine went to zero change after two runs and stayed that way, even after fifteen tuning runs.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:01 PM
GoPro Steevo
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm on my 7th round of tuning, and I'm still getting VE changes. But it's still getting better, so it's all good. I'm happy with the results that I'm seeing, hearing, and feeling!

Old 06-14-2011, 02:14 PM
JustDennis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by FX4
Interesting. I'm wondering why you guys are constantly getting VE changes, even minor ones? Mine went to zero change after two runs and stayed that way, even after fifteen tuning runs.
I would think that it would be highly unlikey to not get any changes with all the variables in these engines. Have you loaded your beginning map and tried a run to be sure the process is still working? Every tuning tool I have ever used would get slight variances from one run to the next.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:03 PM
CrusingHarley
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am on my 7th tune as well and still getting VE changes.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Ratbob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

FX4, I suspect that there is something in the log files that you are generating that is confusing the log tuner. I had similar results when I changed the stoich AFR in the configuration dialog. When I returned the value to the default setting the tuner started to produce VE diffs again. I'd start over from scratch and log just the 5 signals called out in the reference guide, then follow the procedure step by step.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:13 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member

No I'm certain I'm dialed in. I checked the log files at 50 events and 10 events. It's solid. The entire time I was tuning I was dialing in timing. VE is set. The bike runs very well. My AFRs when tuning is set to 14.6 in the area I am tuning. It's the only way you can tune VE with the narrow band sensors. I'm not the only one that has got it dialed in after just a couple of runs.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:19 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member

This is a short movie of our ride last weekend.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx3xV...ature=youtu.be
I'm the guy directly behind the guy filming. My bike is the blue Street Glide that pulls out from behind the gas pump. We left the rest of the group in the dust. It took them 25 minutes to catch up with the three of us in the lead. I was chasing a Speed Triple and The FJR filming.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:24 PM
hornhonker
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New software and firmware available for download.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:31 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hornhonker
New software and firmware available for download.
New settings revealed in the calibration. Cool

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread