Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 07:02 AM
Linville Lion
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hornhonker
New software and firmware available for download.
Where?

Old 06-15-2011, 07:06 AM
CrusingHarley
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just checked out the software update and this is what I see, please add if I missed something.

On post 601 I was questioning the DJ tuning manual procedure because it did not match the available screens that existed on the PV. The screens have been updated to match the manual.

1. Several disclaimer screens have been added.
2. You can now upload directly from the ECM via load copy.
3. Parameters have been added to the edit tune menu on the PV. You also have the option of selecting basic or pro.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:07 AM
CrusingHarley
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Linville Lion
Where?

Use the PV Client update and make sure your PV is connected to the computer.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:32 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,118 Likes on 1,341 Posts

Originally Posted by FX4
Interesting. I'm wondering why you guys are constantly getting VE changes, even minor ones? Mine went to zero change after two runs and stayed that way, even after fifteen tuning runs.
There are always going to be VE changes due to variables in conditions, fuels, etc.. If you take even a well tuned bike and did tunes 10 different days you will have 10 slightly different calibrations. The key is to getting the VE table as close as possible so the O2 integrator does not need stretch out if you have a closed loop calibration, it would be normal to see 2-5% or even as much as 8-10% changes in some areas depending on conditions

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 06-15-2011, 10:38 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

As noted earlier there were some pretty big updates released last night, there is some cool new stuff in there. I will post a detail description when available. You can use the Update Client to update

Old 06-15-2011, 11:07 AM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
There are always going to be VE changes due to variables in conditions, fuels, etc.. If you take even a well tuned bike and did tunes 10 different days you will have 10 slightly different calibrations. The key is to getting the VE table as close as possible so the O2 integrator does not need stretch out if you have a closed loop calibration, it would be normal to see 2-5% or even as much as 8-10% changes in some areas depending on conditions
Interesting. I wonder why mine has stayed at zero after two runs? My AFR that I was tuning was at 14.6. I'll double check it but I'm fairly certain I don't have a problem. I have some different gas in the bike right now than I was tuning. I'll do a tuning run just to see if VE changes.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:11 AM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

New software, my observations:
I now have the environmental variables for tuning EITMS.
It looks like I also can set TPS for PE mode.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:33 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
As noted earlier there were some pretty big updates released last night, there is some cool new stuff in there. I will post a detail description when available. You can use the Update Client to update
I am glad to see the increased fields for editing in a tune on the PV itself, in the Pro mode. That makes it easier to test some of these settings since you don't need to go back to the PC to edit each time. Looks good so far.

Last edited by JustDennis; 06-15-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:44 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Here is an overview of all of the updates in the newest firmware/software release. There is tons of good stuff in there

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firmware 1.0.4-843

Added support for 242 level calibrations (2011+ Softail)
Added code to enable channels required for Log Tuner / Auto Tune
New EUAO (end use adjustable options); MPG Calibration, BPW Gas Constant, and Closed Loop on / off, and Speedo Calibration
Save the Advanced/Basic state for signal selection dialog on datalogging screen
Enhanced support for CAN (2011 Softail) models, including more tune items, ability to read / clear DTC’s, and reset adaptive trims
Added a prompt to reset adaptive fuel / idle trims when flashing the ECM
Added "Please Wait/Loading Tune" after pressing "Flash" button. The pause made it seem like the Power Vision was not responsive to the command.
Changed Power Vision software / GUI to include improved file management / work flow
You can now create a “Copy of Original Tune” or “Copy of Current Tune”. This will essentially allow you to “update your tune” with the latest tune items, such as speedo calibration and other tune items that have been added.
Diaglog that included “Save Stock” and “Load Stock” is now “Read ECM and “Restore Original Tune”
Read ECM will gather diagnostic logs and other files required for support purposes

Software Installer 1.0.30 / WinPV 1.0.4.4

Original Tune is automatically backed up to your computer, under C:\My Documents\Power Vision\Original Tunes
Changed Power Vision Tool Bar / commands
Removed “Backup Stock” and “Restore Stock”, replaced with “Get ECM Data”. This new function will retrieve the files generated from “Read ECM” on the Power Vision. These files are for support / diagnostic purposes and include; current tune (in a format that’s not able to be edited), “DiagnosticsHistory.txt”, and Update_Log.txt.
Throttle Blade Control and Throttle Blade Control (Alternate) tables now have a dynamic header description. This description indicates which table is used with which gear, and varies based on the value entered in the Electronic Throttle Table Transition Gear.
Added provision “Show as Lambda” option for AFR based calibrations
Added new tune items
MPG Calibration
BPW Gas Constant
Closed Loop On / Off
Adaptive Control Enable Temperature
Electronic Throttle / Drive-by-Wire Speed Limit vs Gear
EITMS Off Temperature
EITMS On Temperature
Knock Control Disable Temperature
Knock Control Enable Temperature
PE Disable TPS