Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

02 bias tables on SERT

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 12:55 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 02 bias tables on SERT

What effect on my SERT map would I have if I just maxed out the 02 bias tables to 798mv across the board?

I'm using the 159PZ003-A0 map and the 02 bias table look like this:

[IMG]local://upfiles/22226/6C1AD6F45FDF4C25862326D30FD789D0.jpg[/IMG]

Should I max them out like this:

[IMG]local://upfiles/22226/FBB6492C6D224434800F301A4E452674.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-12-2007, 02:03 PM
WVULTRA
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 02 bias tables on SERT

Ultra:

IMO, this would be one of first things I would do with thestock SERT Map on a Stage 1 upgrade. Especially if your still experiencing some heat issues from the EPA lean drivability.

Maxxing the CLB tables to 798 should richen the desired closed loop operation to ~14.2:1. Of course this takes into account the VE tables are correct or very close to actual.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 02-12-2007, 02:12 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: WVRDKING

Ultra:

IMO, this would be one of first things I would do with thestock SERT Map on a Stage 1 upgrade. Especially if your still experiencing some heat issues from the EPA lean drivability.

Maxxing the CLB tables to 798 should richen the desired closed loop operation to ~14.2:1. Of course this takes into account the VE tables are correct or very close to actual.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

So you suggest Ichange the WHOLE 02 bias table to 798mv across the board like that pic in RED? All of them?

Thanks again for replying!

Old 02-12-2007, 02:32 PM
WVULTRA
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, I don't think it will create any problems whatsoever. The CLB Tables will only richen the AFR by ~ half a point, andshould bring you into the 14.1:1-14.2:1 range while operating in Closed Loop.

If the weather was allowing me to ride, I would have already done this to my Ultra. I vividly remember the extreme heat it was generating while sitting still in traffic last fall, and would have no hesitation to richen it up a bit.

And yes, I verified with the SERT it is operating in Closed Loop at idle!

I recommend you give it a try, and if it's not suitable to what you want then load up the previous map you were using from the SERT.

[sm=signs003.gif]

Old 02-12-2007, 03:28 PM
cjuetten
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For what its worth Imaxed them out and the bike billowed black smoke andpopped on decellwith flames. However it does seem to work great on some bikes.So I'm not trying to talk you out of doing it, just suggest making smaller incremental changes working your way to MAX values.

Once it warms up I plan on doing some more logging. First stepis to enter "NEW VE" values into the VE tables. Once thats squared away I'll increasethe CLB values.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:39 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: cjuetten

For what its worth Imaxed them out and the bike billowed black smoke andpopped on decellwith flames. However it does seem to work great on some bikes.So I'm not trying to talk you out of doing it, just suggest making smaller incremental changes working your way to MAX values.

Once it warms up I plan on doing some more logging. First stepis to enter "NEW VE" values into the VE tables. Once thats squared away I'll increasethe CLB values.
[sm=ttiwwp.gif].........LOL!!!!

Welp, I can't have that. Thanks for the input.
Dyno is Friday so guess I can wait.

Old 02-12-2007, 08:53 PM
cjuetten
Tourer

Sorry no pics...the experts claim adjustment made toCLOSED loop operations on an 07 has noeffect on open loop....guess I'm just a dumb novice blowingsmoke, (black smoke that is).

Old 02-12-2007, 09:05 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

More than likely, your VE tables are too big (High numbers), so are not correct, for you to be blowing Black smoke.....

CLB will not have any effect on the areas of the map that are OUTSIDE of the parameters of the Closed loop range.....

Old 02-12-2007, 10:29 PM
geargrinder
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: cjuetten

Sorry no pics...the experts claim adjustment made toCLOSED loop operations on an 07 has noeffect on open loop....guess I'm just a dumb novice blowingsmoke, (black smoke that is).
cj,I don't think that the experts claimed that this has no affect on open loop butinstead, that there is noself learning proceedure to automatically, properly adjust open loop A/F. I don'tthink that there is anyone here that fully understands the '07' HD ECM butI think thatmany of those experts hereagree that there is a level of fuel adaptive learning in closed loop that is appliedwhen inopen loopfuel. But this does not mean that it iscorrectly setting the open loop A/F, could be just the opposite.This is confusinganda somewhat controversial proceedureby EFI designers. A few days ago, on another thread, Ipostedan example of how a tuner can get in real trouble at wide open throttle if they do not understand adaptive fuel learning and how it works withclosedVs open loop. Hope this helps.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:43 PM
cjuetten
Tourer

Thanks for the reply Bob.

I'll agree my VE tablesneed work but, maxingthe CBL caused it to runvery richat WOT which should be open loop?Returned tables back to previous setting and all was well again. It sure seemed like it washavingan effect across the entire range not just the area in the tables. I guess I'll have to wait til spring....could have been an anomaly.

The bike looked and ran great prior to any CLB changes. VE tables are within1-3% per VE NEWreadings. Any chance it had more to do with the sudden change (full scale adjustment) in one download?

Quick Reply: 02 bias tables on SERT