Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Need help, I installed my PCIII today.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 01:27 PM
sleepy127
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help, I installed my PCIII today.

Well I got it hooked up but there is just no room in my dyna for that box and the connectors on my Wide Glide. I am thinking about putting it in as far as possible and cutting the plastice on the seat bottom where the seat will sit on the pc and connectors. What do yall think about that idea? That will make it a little easier to get to also and it doesn't stick up that much I just don't want that hard plastic of the seat pushing and rubbing on the PC.

Old 03-02-2007, 10:25 PM
cruiser85257
Road Master
Default RE: Need help, I installed my PCIII today.

Sleepy I did mine a little different on my Wide Glide. Pull the Battery and battery box out so you have room to work at it from both sides.

Unlike the instructions that said to install the unit under the ECU, I did it differently. Under the ECU you can't get at it easy to plug your USB cable in. I ran the cable where the two plugs join under the ECU, and positioned the PCIII unit under the seat between the frame. Now just remove the seat and you have easy access to it.

Old 03-04-2007, 09:39 PM
clueless
Tourer

For Easy Access to the USB cable... just plug the cable into the PCIII perminantly (add diaelectric grease around the plug) and zip tie the spare extra cable under the seat. then you can locate the PCIII in the best location and not have to access it directly.

Old 03-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Zyklon
Tourer

I installed my PC III just like the installation instructions said to, under the ECU. Like cluless I just attached a usb cable during the install, only I routed the cable to the fuse box and secured it with a wire tie. Instead of having to remove the seat to get to the cable, I can just pull off the fuse panel cover.

Zyklon

Old 03-07-2007, 09:46 PM
dlstanf2
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just installed my PCIII on my 06 Dyna SG. Had no problem with it fitting under the ECM. Just remove the bolt in the center of the of the electrical holder and the plug wires from the coil. The large connector fits best behind the rear cylinder and I tie-wrapped my out of the way. I also left the USB cable plugged in so I could access it for map changes, since I am trying new maps to get the right one for my bike. Whatever you do, do cut something to make it fit.