Pan America Pan America Forum Only

PAS Bluetooth issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2023, 07:13 AM
Xbt2
Advanced
Received 163 Likes on 50 Posts

Anyone having issues with low volume using a Cardo?

If I pair the Cardo to my iPhone, no issue, full control of the volume. Putting the bike into the mix: phone - bike - Cardo, very low volume.

Old 09-09-2023, 11:13 AM
TxDeuce
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I gave up on the bluetooth with the Pan America. It was too glitchy. Now I'm just connected to my Zumo XT2 and iPhone. Everything has been working great.

The following users liked this post:
urslo (09-10-2023)
Old 09-09-2023, 11:27 AM
tvon
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Xbt2

If I pair the Cardo to my iPhone, no issue, full control of the volume. Putting the bike into the mix: phone - bike - Cardo, very low volume.
I'm not having this issue but the volume on the bike and the helmet have to be just right. I always make sure my phone is at full volume and cardo at about 70 %. Then i use the hand volume control and it seems to work fine for me. I'm using an android.

Honestly I like this feature and it mostly works fine for me. Its the maps that are no good.

Old 09-09-2023, 12:46 PM
Xbt2
Advanced
Received 163 Likes on 50 Posts

Funny - I have no issue with the maps app.

Headset volume is on the low side of ok when stopped, inaudible at speed. Phone, headset and bike volumes maxed out, nothing seems to change. There must be a setting somewhere that I'm missing.

Old 09-09-2023, 09:55 PM
Rusty Bucket
Tourer
Received 95 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Xbt2

Yes for me but only when using phone connection. The Cardo to my PAS has been useless. I believe HD is in bed with Sena - the majority of successful connections are with their Sena / HD products. I thought Bluetooth was Bluetooth but there must be more to it than I understand and am willing to investigate. I connect to my phone and move on like I have always with HD bikes. Cardo has been a better product for me than Sena. But.......... always exceptions.

Old 09-18-2023, 08:24 PM
Order66
Advanced
Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

After reading through this thread and thinking maybe it was a data cable related issue, I tried it again on my new (second) Pan Am with a wireless charger this time. Worked great in my garage! I was excited! Got out in to the street, and it immediately started cutting out randomly as soon as I left the house. Got a mile away, pulled over, and said "I'm done with this." De-paired Cardo from the bike, re-paired everything so it's just the phone and my Cardo, and I went back to doing it how I always did. And I really like the theory that HD is making it less Cardo and more Sena friendly.

Either way, I'm done trying.

As an aside.... after I de-paired the bike, I got an alert that the software update from early 22 was now available. Weird. The dealer told me all that was done.

Old 09-19-2023, 06:43 AM
Rusty Bucket
Tourer
Received 95 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Order66
After reading through this thread and thinking maybe it was a data cable related issue, I tried it again on my new (second) Pan Am with a wireless charger this time. Worked great in my garage! I was excited! Got out in to the street, and it immediately started cutting out randomly as soon as I left the house. Got a mile away, pulled over, and said "I'm done with this." De-paired Cardo from the bike, re-paired everything so it's just the phone and my Cardo, and I went back to doing it how I always did. And I really like the theory that HD is making it less Cardo and more Sena friendly.

Either way, I'm done trying.

As an aside.... after I de-paired the bike, I got an alert that the software update from early 22 was now available. Weird. The dealer told me all that was done.
Do you know if the software update is for Bluetooth? I still cannot believe HD will not solve what is a basic flaw that no other manufacturer seems to experience. They charge a premium for their equipment but occasionally ignore us and moves on!

Old 09-20-2023, 08:58 AM
3dognate
Tourer
Received 339 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Rusty Bucket
Do you know if the software update is for Bluetooth? I still cannot believe HD will not solve what is a basic flaw that no other manufacturer seems to experience. They charge a premium for their equipment but occasionally ignore us and moves on!
Software updates are cumulative so you just need to be certain that you have the latest. For the Infotainment system it is: 512_5135562_20221031 which is the only software version you can check and update on your own through the infotainment menu.

https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson....60497454996852