Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Riding Lake Superior area. Must see or do's???

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 07:15 AM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
Here's a little teaser video of my wife riding H58 going to Grand Marais. I am a lucky man to have a wife as a great riding partner!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ9O...ature=youtu.be
Promoting the wife as a "teaser" may not be a good idea on this forum. Good video, brings back memories from riding motorcycles and snowmobile's in that area

Old 07-08-2017, 10:47 AM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

We put nearly 1,000 miles on our bikes between going up to Copper Harbor one day and going to Whitefish Point another. We did not get to make the loop I had planned down toward Mackinaw and along the Lake Michigan coast as was originally planned because of a bad weather forecast that turned out to be completely wrong and lack of time to get back to the cabin to get loaded and to bed early to leave for home at 4:30 AM. We instead spent the day in Munising taking the Painted Rock Cruise and wandering around having one relaxing day. The Mackinaw route was not high on my priority list so it wasn't a big loss. The wife's class reunion ended up doing stuff nearly all day Monday which was not originally planned and ate up that days riding time. All was well as they are some party animals and a blast to be around even not knowing them myself. Many were Harley folks so I felt at home!!!!

Old 07-09-2017, 10:28 PM
HenryT
Road Master
Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Good stuff! I will be leaving next Sunday for the tour. Stops in; Grand Haven MI, Petoskey MI, Sault Ste Marie MI, Marquette MI (2 days), Manitowoc WI. Went all nice hotels, kind of past the roughing it days here. All the way around and then some. Stoked!!

Old 07-09-2017, 10:37 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by HenryT
Good stuff! I will be leaving next Sunday for the tour. Stops in; Grand Haven MI, Petoskey MI, Sault Ste Marie MI, Marquette MI (2 days), Manitowoc WI. Went all nice hotels, kind of past the roughing it days here. All the way around and then some. Stoked!!
I have an AAR report I just started here on ride reports and will be updating the next few days with many pics.