Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Anyone been to Yellowknife, NT?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Silver Fox
Club Member
Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

What route do you plan on taking?

Old 01-17-2011, 09:03 PM
scottycameron
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a 100% sure on the route yet, awaiting a little more feedback. We will be going through Sheridan,WY and heading north into montana, i'd say heading for Great Falls,MT and going north to Shelby,MT and entering Alberta either by Sweet Grass or Eureka. Curious if it's worth going along the Rocky Mountains up through Jasper and heading over east from Jasper over to Edmonton, or just going north from Lethbridge, Calgary, up to Edmonton, and then from edmonton just taking hiway 44 up to high praire and peace river. If you have any do not miss roads we'd be happy tho through them on our route. Let me know if you'd recomend one route or the other. Don't really want to take any gravel roads though. Thanks for your input

Old 01-17-2011, 10:43 PM
Silver Fox
Club Member
Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

I would ride in the mountains, for the scenery. You could do the Banff to Jasper. Head up to Grande Cache then Grande Prairie and north from there. You will go right past us on that route. If you want to stop over for the night PM me to see if we'll be here. Also if you might want to take that route PM me, I'll give you more details.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:47 PM
jimclaypool
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I would ride in the mountains, for the scenery. You could do the Banff to Jasper. Head up to Grande Cache then Grande Prairie and north from there. You will go right past us on that route. If you want to stop over for the night PM me to see if we'll be here. Also if you might want to take that route PM me, I'll give you more details.
I agree with Silver Fox!!

Old 01-17-2011, 11:04 PM
beakerztoyz
Tourer

ya what those guys said about the mountains! run west from lethbridge to hiway 22 its just west of pincher creek, runs right in the foothills on the edge of the mountains great ride, hiway 2 heading north to Calgry and Edmonton from Ft mcloed kinda sucks its straight like an arrow 4 lanes just like an interstate.....never been to yellowknife though! and ya run the road from banff to jasper by the glaciers, dunno where your from or how much mountain riding you have done but don't miss them they ROCK, hiway 22 and the one north from banff r both paved so no gravel worries there!

Last edited by beakerztoyz; 01-17-2011 at 11:09 PM. Reason: wanted to add something
Old 01-17-2011, 11:50 PM
scottycameron
Cruiser
Default Thanks guys for the info!

Gotta love this site, i really appreciate the info! You guys Rock!

Old 02-02-2011, 12:44 AM
scottycameron
Cruiser

Just ordered a new seat, getting ready for this adventure, -18*F with wind chill it's -32*F right now, ready for spring.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:48 AM
Madleaf
Club Member
Smile Getting Antsy!

-22C here. Little chilly to start up the Harley. Maybe in April.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:06 AM
scottycameron
Cruiser
Default Need my 1,000 mile service

I have ridden a little this winter, any day i see 50 degrees. Of course i just bought the bike this winter. But now it's gotta sit until i get my 1,000 mile service done. C'mon Spring!

Old 02-22-2011, 02:13 PM
mac11b
Stage II

Hello all, new to the forum. Been thinking about a trip to Yellowknife as well. I'd be coming from central WI though. I have been reading this thread and want to thank those that have posted for the great info. I have been hunting online and am wondering if anyone can confirm fuel stops in Fort Providence (Big River Service Center LP) and Behchoko (FC Services LTD)? I will be riding my '94 Sporty 883 w/ a 4.2 gal tank. Need to know if I would have to carry more fuel than my normal emergency fuel to make the 300mi from Hay River to Yellowknife. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Anyone been to Yellowknife, NT?