Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust options for 06 Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 03:07 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Exhaust options for 06 Deluxe

Looking to change out my stock pipes but not sure what I want. I do know I want pipes that will let me keep my passenger pegs and I do have the HD bags. Thinking just slip-ons since $$$ is an issue. Suggestions? Someone said Python P-3's, Rhineharts or Vance and Hines Big Shots. Post pictures if you've got them. Anyone tried a two into one exhaust and if so, how did it look on the Deluxe? Thanks.

Old 06-05-2007, 03:13 PM
vabubba
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exhaust options for 06 Deluxe

I think these would look good an a Deluxe. Cheaper than what I put on mine. As a matter of fact, it's what I'll probably put on next.

Old 06-05-2007, 03:14 PM
vabubba
Tourer

Sorry here's the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SAMSO...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 06-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Swine Psycles
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi there

I am a shop owner in North Texas(Denton)

thought I would drop in on you.

I don't know your situation but here in Texas we have a lot of mixed feelings on this topic.

My best advice is to find someone you trust that knows how to tune fuel injection and use what they are comfortable with. Get the hi flow and SERT first and pick out a pipe that looks and sounds good to you. A real tuner will work with what you have, not the other way around. Pipes change everything and a tune will be necessary for it to run optimally.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:34 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

ORIGINAL: Swine Psycles

I don't know your situation but here in Texas we have a lot of mixed feelings on this topic.
Please explain. And Vabubba, thanks for that link but I don't think I want the fishtails. Just not my thing.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:12 AM
oldgeezer
Grand HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We are in the process of putting a set of Rush Slip On Baloney Cuts on my wife's Deluxe. I have the same pipes on my Standard. They have a nice throaty sound but not obnoxiously loud. Our HD dealership sells them. The routine they are suggesting is the slip ons, a big sucker breather and race tuner. Her bike is an O7, but shouldn't be much different than yours. The whole think is about $500.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:16 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

Thanks OG. Is it really necessary to add the breather and race tuner just for slip-ons. I have heard no. Seems to be differing opinions. I'm not after more horsepower, just better sound.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:17 AM
DaveJ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a tough question to answer, because everyone has their own opinion. But for what it's worth, here are a few thoughts:

I personally don't care for the slip-ons; they look like mufflers attached to the end of pipes (probably because they are). I prefer the look of contiguous pipes, front to back. IMHO.

With the bags, you may want something longer; I just think it would look better (my opinion again). Perhaps the True Duals, as someone suggested, or maybe the Big Shots Longs??? I would suggest going to biker events and look at what others have. You can then get an idea of what you like and don't like.

Our bikes are different styles, but you can look at my sig pic if you want to see the Big Shots Standards.

BTW, I looked at your gallery to get an idea of what your bike looked like. I didn't see any bikes...
[align=left] [/align]

Old 06-06-2007, 11:38 AM
UltraPassenger
Road Captain

Here's my V&H shortys on my 07.Sound is great.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4985/E5026C8F739340C9B5427A3FA9066B28.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-06-2007, 11:41 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

ORIGINAL: DaveJ

That's a tough question to answer, because everyone has their own opinion. But for what it's worth, here are a few thoughts:

I personally don't care for the slip-ons; they look like mufflers attached to the end of pipes (probably because they are). I prefer the look of contiguous pipes, front to back. IMHO.

With the bags, you may want something longer; I just think it would look better (my opinion again). Perhaps the True Duals, as someone suggested, or maybe the Big Shots Longs??? I would suggest going to biker events and look at what others have. You can then get an idea of what you like and don't like.

Our bikes are different styles, but you can look at my sig pic if you want to see the Big Shots Standards.

BTW, I looked at your gallery to get an idea of what your bike looked like. I didn't see any bikes...
[align=left][/align]
Thanks very much for the input Dave, and yes, I like the long shots. Just wondering if I can keep my passenger pegs with those. I have a daughter who I hope will one day ride with me and have heard that some longshots require their removal or relocation. Well if you didn't see my bike, you weren't looking at all the pictures.

Quick Reply: Exhaust options for 06 Deluxe