Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jetting/tuning problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 04:41 PM
chrome-dome-dave
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Jetting/tuning problem

So I just installed the Zippers Performance 98" muscle kit on my '06 fxst carb softail and can't even get the S&S Super G to run even close to be able to put some "break in" miles on it.
The kit consist of boring out the stk jugs to accept bigger pistons obviously, cnc porting the heads with bigger valves/springs, 577 chain drive cam which I have already converted to the newer style hydraulic setup with feuling billet plate/billet larger oil pump, zippers ignition module that was already set up to run for this kit and the S&S G1 which means they block of the "air bleed" and install a 3rd jet which is suppose to pick up the flat spot at about 3k-4K ish rpm's. The parameters call for a .032-.036 on the intermediate jet and a .078-.088 on the main. Now I have tried multiple combinations and just messed with the intermediate jet to be able to ride it but it won't get off its face. When I accelerate easy and I mean easy it just spits, sputters, surges etc etc. I have followed all the steps stated by Zippers and S&S. I have checked for vacuum leaks and now I'm just at a stand still. I plan on getting it dyno tuned but have to put some miles on it before then. Before anyone says "S&S is either a closed or wide open carb", I had one already on the stk motor and it ran great for 11yrs now. Any suggestions?