Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handlebar vibration

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 04:55 PM
Rollon
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Handlebar vibration

Ok guys, i know some folks think it is nonexistant, but i have vibs strong enough to put my right hand to sleep at about 2400 rpm in 5th and 6th gears.....i added a little weight to the right side with a ram mount for my gps, that only changed the rpms of the vibration. In the past i have tried handlebar bushing, bar changes, and a few other tricks... I do have cruise control and that's great under highway conditions, but going thru small towns and short runs around towns with stoplights still put my hand to sleep. I have a 2016 heritage. Anyone tried the bar snake or chubby bars?

Thanks!! I'm looking for solutions that you found that worked, the local dealer had no recommendations!

Old 10-18-2017, 05:06 PM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Try installing a set of handlebar weights to even out the weight and balance the bars. Since you added the weight you can even put a roll of pennies up inside the left handle bar.

https://www.bikebandit.com/aftermark...8aAhrbEALw_wcB

https://www.google.com/search?q=hand...w=1536&bih=740

Last edited by DrPlastic; 10-18-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:40 PM
berniemc
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I have 3 softails and they all do that and feel it in floorboards and seat.93 EVO is th worst.

Old 10-18-2017, 05:53 PM
Rollon
Road Master

Dr Plastic, thanks for the input! Have you used the weights? if so, how much weight or do they not have different weights? Thanks for Serving and putting in your 20 yrs!

Berniemc-- I had a RoadGlide that I changed risers on to pull the bars back, it vibrated at highway speeds. Once HD produced the Ultra Low I got a set of those and used the stock riser and handlebar bushing; that eliminated the vibs!

Old 10-18-2017, 06:52 PM
kenny55
Tourer
Received 94 Likes on 71 Posts

My sportster was a vibration machine! So I bought these and they helped a lot.

http://www.bikernet.com/pages/The_Vi...ng_Device.aspx

Old 10-18-2017, 07:04 PM
Booda_do
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vibranator

Vibranator Tuned-Mass Dampers

Looks like they are no longer in business - regretfully.

I swear by these. I've been riding for nearly 35 years - all different bikes. Finally found the one I wanted (2009 Night Train) and before I knew it within 30 mins. of riding my right hand would tingle and clamp up (fist pump). Nothing I could do - different bars and grips - nothing.

Came across Vibranators - no longer an issue at all. I can ride all day without tingling. I am sure it works differently for different physiology's but for me - I no longer suffer from the tingling or cramping.

If you can find them - definitely snag them.

The owner was a great help and tremendous person - highest regards.

http://www.bikernet.com/pages/The_Vi...ng_Device.aspx

Old 10-18-2017, 07:20 PM
kenny55
Tourer
Received 94 Likes on 71 Posts

Actually, i initially could not find them either. I checked and I bought them from Steiger Performance.

Come to think of it, electronic throttle may not allow installation of these because right side handlebar has the throttle pot inside the bar.

Last edited by kenny55; 10-18-2017 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:52 PM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I purchased a used Suzuki Boulevard back about 13 years ago and it was missing one of the factory installed weights and the bars vibrated. I went to the dealer and bought a replacement and it smoothed them right out!

Old 10-18-2017, 08:44 PM
Rollon
Road Master

Yes, I've heard about those and checked out the articles. That's the same approach as putting bird shot in a small case and stuffing it into the bar; which does work! My 2016 Heritage is TBW, so that's not workable without major changes. Thanks for the inputs!

Anyone else tried something that worked?

Old 10-19-2017, 12:28 AM
jkinner
Road Captain
Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts

I changed the risers on my 16 Deluxe, brought the bars 2" up and 1" back, seems to have solved my problem, (I do have carpel tunnel in both hands though).

Quick Reply: Handlebar vibration