Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First ride on the 18 Heritage 114..thoughts & a question

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 02:39 PM
Krieg
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 2018 is a "Heritage" like I'm Jesus Christ Almighty. Harley's continued pussification of their entire product line to appease children is understandable in today's market. Evolve or perish I suppose. But if you want to own and ride a REAL modern dinosaur... Indian offers ALL the same wussiness and poof as the new Harleys... but with engines that will suck the chrome off ALL the Harleys.

Last edited by Krieg; 01-26-2018 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:00 PM
Another Old Timer
Tourer
Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

I don't think so Tim............At least on the new 114 Softails.

Old 01-26-2018, 07:47 PM
texas30
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Krieg
The 2018 is a "Heritage" like I'm Jesus Christ Almighty. Harley's continued pussification of their entire product line to appease children is understandable in today's market. Evolve or perish I suppose. But if you want to own and ride a REAL modern dinosaur... Indian offers ALL the same wussiness and poof as the new Harleys... but with engines that will suck the chrome off ALL the Harleys.
Alex: I'll take "get a life" for 200

Answer: Who is Krieg

The following 2 users liked this post by texas30:
rauchman (01-29-2018), UHDhog (01-27-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 08:27 PM
BCC1
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Objectively, the Heritage 114 is the best motorcycle I’ve every ridden from Harley, including the other 4 I’ve owned.

Sure, it’s no trackday appliance like the sportbikes I’ve owned, nor is it as technologically as sophisticated as some of the BMW’s or Ducati.

But it is a very nicely balanced roadbike, even when leaned over hard in the twisties, that’s sure feels like a Harley when I ride it.

The following users liked this post:
wldbill (02-05-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 08:33 PM
Pothole914
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,682 Likes on 1,469 Posts

In other words, "I'm a dumb ***, have no idea what I'm talking about but, let's see if this sticks".

Old 01-26-2018, 11:39 PM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Pothole914
In other words, "I'm a dumb ***, have no idea what I'm talking about but, let's see if this sticks".
Correctamundo ,now for an extra point complete this sentence Trolls be kray ---- ?

Old 01-27-2018, 08:19 AM
kenny55
Tourer
Received 94 Likes on 71 Posts

Noted.

By the way there's no such thing as bad press.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:46 AM
Another Old Timer
Tourer
Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

My 114 Heritage is by far the best HD I have even ridden. The 4th HD I have owned and have ridden countless others.

Old 01-27-2018, 01:06 PM
Dartconv64
Novice
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Haters gonna Hate! Fly Heritage Fly!

I owned a Honda VTX 1800 a few years ago and more recently a 2006 Road King full dresser. I was looking for a better handling lighter bike that would be more fun to ride again. I was really interested in the 114 Breakout, because it reminded me of the look of my VTX (240 back tire and drag bars). After test riding it, I was reminded of why I got rid of the VTX. It was just not that comfortable for longer rides. I test rode a 114 Heritage and was immediately sold. It was way lighter than my Road King but just as comfortable. And the kicker is that it is a very powerful fun ride. I am 52 and in over 30 years of riding could not recommend a better bike. It checks all the boxes for me and I love the old school mixed with modern appearance. I put on some Tab Zombies to improve the sound and did a few minor cosmetic mods. Don’t take anyone’s word for it, GO RIDE ONE. If you can afford it,you will buy it.

Old 01-27-2018, 01:29 PM
rcpbob
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Another happy customer ! Some are outright angry about the new Heritage. They are like the Sunday Post syndrome, if you don't get it, you just don't get it ! Sad to miss out on such a good bike. ride on.

Originally Posted by Dartconv64
I owned a Honda VTX 1800 a few years ago and more recently a 2006 Road King full dresser. I was looking for a better handling lighter bike that would be more fun to ride again. I was really interested in the 114 Breakout, because it reminded me of the look of my VTX (240 back tire and drag bars). After test riding it, I was reminded of why I got rid of the VTX. It was just not that comfortable for longer rides. I test rode a 114 Heritage and was immediately sold. It was way lighter than my Road King but just as comfortable. And the kicker is that it is a very powerful fun ride. I am 52 and in over 30 years of riding could not recommend a better bike. It checks all the boxes for me and I love the old school mixed with modern appearance. I put on some Tab Zombies to improve the sound and did a few minor cosmetic mods. Don’t take anyone’s word for it, GO RIDE ONE. If you can afford it,you will buy it.

Quick Reply: First ride on the 18 Heritage 114..thoughts & a question