Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a new battery questions...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 07:56 PM
Da-Rza 21
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocker B
Any recommendations on brands or models? Also, if or when is a tender or charger needed? I've been thinking about switching my bikes over to lithium, my Rocker has a security system and I'm not sure if I'll need a charger because of the constant drain?
the brands i have right now are shorai=10 years old,alien motion 5-7 years old,antigravity 4 years old,and just bought two more shorais for my 2 new aprillias....they dont like the constant drain and it will drain them eventually...u will need to keep it on a tender...with a store mode...most likey a dedicated charger from battery manufactuer..a regular battery charger can destroy the cells in the lithium batteries...and can also overcharge them as well and explode...they only need a balance charge which i only do once a year and the rest of time just leave on store mode...especially on my track bikes...so far i like the shorai and alien motion batteries the best...and just purchased the bike master lithium ion on ebay for $149 for the breakout

The following users liked this post:
splattttttt (02-16-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 11:04 PM
rednred
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

I had a twin power brand just because that was what was available at the time. Seller included a tender - a junior style specifically for lithium ion and I might have used it twice in a year. As mentioned earlier within a couple minutes of hooking it up it would register full charge. The twin power sight has a vid on cold staring procedure. Not a big deal but helps explain what to do and why.

The following users liked this post:
splattttttt (02-16-2018)
Old 02-16-2018, 02:37 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Da-Rza 21
the brands i have right now are shorai=10 years old,alien motion 5-7 years old,antigravity 4 years old,and just bought two more shorais for my 2 new aprillias....they dont like the constant drain and it will drain them eventually...u will need to keep it on a tender...with a store mode...most likey a dedicated charger from battery manufactuer..a regular battery charger can destroy the cells in the lithium batteries...and can also overcharge them as well and explode...they only need a balance charge which i only do once a year and the rest of time just leave on store mode...especially on my track bikes...so far i like the shorai and alien motion batteries the best...and just purchased the bike master lithium ion on ebay for $149 for the breakout
thanks for your input RZA.
Just picked up the
Shorai Lithium Battery LFX36L3-BS12 Lightweight Shorai Lithium Battery LFX36L3-BS12 Lightweight
on Amazon
I have the tender that switches to store mode, so I skipped past their dedicated lithium charger. Should be fine me hopes
Always appreciate your help.

Old 02-16-2018, 05:50 PM
Da-Rza 21
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by splattttttt

thanks for your input RZA.
Just picked up the Shorai Lithium Battery LFX36L3-BS12 Lightweight on Amazon
I have the tender that switches to store mode, so I skipped past their dedicated lithium charger. Should be fine me hopes
Always appreciate your help.
cant go wrong with shorai..you can go back to drinking regular beer instead of light beer too with your 7+ lbs of weight reduction..lol