Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eastern performance for V&H

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 12:04 PM
snowyhog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eastern performance for V&H

I just like to comment onthe company !! Eastern performance products , i got from this site .

After waiting for 13 weeks in the UK for Vance & Hines softail duals !! that the sales person at my local HD shop said would be 7-10 days !! anyway i contacted Eastern performance in the USA , and was told they had in stock .
I phoned the local Hd dealer and V&H Europe in Sweden who still did not have the exhaust and spoke of the nd of the summer . So i cancelled and ordered through Eastern last friday morning .

I RECEIVED my exhaust this morning monday !! how about that for service 3 days usa-uk

Thanks very much to Jonathan at Eastern performance and this forum for the contact

SUPER SERVICE

Old 06-25-2007, 12:12 PM
07FLSTC_Navy
Cruiser
Default RE: Eastern performance for V&H

Couldn't agree more. I bought V&H True Duals from them also. Best price, no tax and free shipping. I received my pipes in two days. I'm not impressed with cyclespot.com though. I ordered an AC and Fuelpak from them on the same day, and they won't arrive until June 29th. They don't tell you they're using the slowest shipping method until after you confirm your order. For $15 shipping for two small parts - you would think that qualifies for something more than snail-mail.

Old 06-25-2007, 12:35 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Ordered my Hatchets from Eastern, very fast shipping free of charge. Would definately use them again.

Old 06-25-2007, 12:37 PM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 203 Posts

That's good to know, as I ordered my Big Shots, SEAC and PC III from them last week and am expecting a package this week. Jonathan was very responsive to emails, which is pretty refreshing in light of some experiences with other vendors.

Can't wait to get the package, although I think I'm going to wait until I get my 500 miles in (at least) before installing the mods - any thoughts from those more experienced here?

Roger

Old 06-25-2007, 01:02 PM
07FLSTC_Navy
Cruiser

I'm not sure 500 miles is a benchmark for starting mods. If anything, the sooner you do the mods, especially on the exhaust, the easier it will be to loosen the bolts.

Since it appears you're doing this yourself, make sure you have a 7/8" or 22mm wrench for getting to the stock O2 sensors. My front O2 sensor was a bitch to get off - I think HD overtorqued the sh$t out of it. If I were you, I'd go out to the bike now and spray a little WD-40 on the front O2 sensor nut just to let it start soaking in.

What I needed to install V&H pipes that I didn't have at the start (beyond basic tools): 7/8" (or 22mm) wrench to remove O2 sensors, loctite for reinstalling the O2 sensorsandsnapring pliers to remove the exhaust circlips.

Also make sure you have that 3/8" drive funky angle changing thing; you'll need it to remove the head pipes.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:27 PM
tunaman
Road Warrior

Great input - THANKS!

Any worries modifying the exhaust, air intake and ECM mapping before the initial 500 mile break-in then? It sure seems to run lean, and I figured it was by design (but perhaps not based on some of the other threads here) and didn't want to mess with the initial tuning balance. Maybe I've given Harley more credit than due?

Old 06-25-2007, 09:07 PM
bcox
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Eastern was great to me too. Ordered pipes at the cheapest price anywhere, free shipping, and they were on my doorstep 3 days later. Will definately recommend and order from them again.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:39 PM
07FLSTC_Navy
Cruiser

Re: Tunaman. No worries modifying exhaust, AC or ECM before 500 miles. I'd have done mine earlier but I rode to Laconia and that threw 400+ miles on it. I put new exhaust on around 800 miles.

As for the new 07's running lean - it's by design. It's the only way Harley could get them to pass emissions. I don't know all the specifics, but it goes something like this. When your bike is warm and you set at a light for a bit, the ECM leans out the engine and the idle drops to around 950 RPMs. Revving your enginewon't help either. It will only lean the bike out that much more, and it gets hotter,because you're not moving.

But it's a Harley after all, and we've all done it (a little revving). I'm pretty much over that stage now. Yeah, right.

I had a Suzuki Hayabusa before my new Heritage. Even water-cooled, that thing would trip the overheat light on ata stop light on a warm day too. I kind of miss the "extra" 100hp I had over the Heritage. I won't give up the Heritage, but I may end up with another Hayabusa...some day. Two very distinct bikes but with 3 cars, the wife put her foot down on 2 bikes.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:01 PM
DaveJ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered my headlight from them. Very fast shipping and great customer service!
[align=left] [/align]

Old 06-26-2007, 01:55 AM
tunaman
Road Warrior

Thanks for that input. I expect my packages any day now, although I take off on a 5-day tuna trip on Wednesday and won't be able to attend to it until next week. I expect I'll be <cough> <cough> a little sick when I get back, at least for a couple of days! Can't wait to make the mods... I'm taking the CHP-approved riding course next week to fast-track my license, so I'll have to wait until that's done I suppose. Shoot... patience my @ss!

Roger

Quick Reply: Eastern performance for V&H