Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rallyrunner seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 06:10 PM
toddtrain
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rallyrunner seat

HD has a seat called the rallyrunner and I was wondering if anyone had one and how they like it. I am thinking about getting one and I was curious.
thanks

Old 02-07-2006, 09:26 PM
1analguy
Advanced
Default RE: Rallyrunner seat

I bought a RallyRunner and a Sundowner with my new '05 Night Train last year. The stock Badlander was uncomfortable just sitting on it in the showroom and, in practice, after about half an hour I was squirming all over the place. My girlfriend woundn't even ride on it, and I don't blame her one bit. The RallyRunner is so much more comfortable that it shouldn't even be compared to a Badlander. The Badlander was designed to sell new seats and aside from looking slick, that's all it does. The RallyRunner looks very similar in the front, but the underlying pan and padding are shaped so much more like a human butt that it's good for 2-3 hours before you start moving around (something you can't really do on a Badlander). The back of the seat was inviting enough that my girlfriend was perfectly happy on it until I made the mistake one day of putting on the Sundowner, just to try it out. The Sundowner was supposed to be strictly for long trips, as it looks kind of like a LazyBoy on there. Well, ever since her butt hit that Sundowner she'll comment unless it's on there. Now the RallyRunner has been relegated to my work commute and the little bit of solo riding I do. The Sundowner is easily the most comfortable seat (for both of us), but the RallyRunner is a better compromise between looks and comfort...especially if you ride mostly solo. The RallyRunner is covered with a very nice leather, if that matters to you. Personally, I would have been happy to pay less for the perfectly acceptable vinyl used on the Badlander and Sundowner. The leather feels a little better (warmer in the cold, cooler in the heat), but I worry about its longevity with exposure to the sun, rain, dew, washing, etc. Your butt may vary...

Old 02-08-2006, 10:38 AM
toddtrain
Novice

thanks for the info. I had a Lepera Maverick and it pushed me too close to the tank. Does the rallyrunner have the same positioning as the badlander as far as height and closeness to tank?
thanks again

Old 02-08-2006, 01:37 PM
mkink
Advanced

I bought the Rallyrunner also. I think its an excellent seat. It actually moved me back and maybe a little down. I am comparing this to the solo seat that came standard on my FXDI. When you buy the Rallyrunner, HD also sends along some leather dressing for the seat. I applied to mine, let it sit overnight, and buffed it out. It really helps protect them leather against the elements. Overall, I really like this seat because it is the perfect mix between sleek and practical. YMMV,

Matthew

Old 11-18-2007, 09:39 PM
bluemotev
6th Gear

I just got the Rallyrunner today... it seems comfortable, but so far I feel like I am pushed too far forward. I'll see how it feels after a few days.

Old 11-18-2007, 11:34 PM
Paul.C.
Road Captain

I ordered mine last week

Old 11-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Dbull
6th Gear

I had one for my 04 Wide Glide and I loved it!