Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great Customer Service!! Bike Buddy Pro

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 01:56 AM
soundlogic
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Customer Service!! Bike Buddy Pro

Being the proud owner of a 2006 Deluxe, and frequenting this forum has given me such great ideas for making my bike "my own", although imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
That being said, among the long, and expensive list of dream items I've wanted for my bike was an air ride suspension. After hours of research on this forum, and the net in general, I had narrowed my choices down to the Hi-Lo Rider by Bike Buddy Pro. The deciding factor was several fold: 1. "Lifetime Warranty" first and foremost. After reading some down right horror stories about shock failure and ****-poor customer service to rectify the problems, I decided to stay away from some of the other brands out there. 2. "7 day a week customer service". Just how many business owners can you think of that will pick up their phone or call you back within a damn reasonable amount of time, seven days a week to deal with customer issues? I can only think of ...uh...Fire and Police? 3."Parts Quality" the shocks and other parts looked pretty bullit proof in the pics, and even if it turned out they were'nt, see reason # 1!
Okay, so as many of us do, much to the chagrin of the brick 'n' mortor stores, I was clicking through my local Craigslist on line, using the keywords: "Softail" and low and behold: For Sale: "6 mo.new Hi-Lo Rider air suspension set-up for an 06 Softail" ...at close to half of retail. I decide to call Bike Buddy Pro and ask if there was any kind of possibility of "counterfit" Hi-Lo-Riders, or what a buyer should be aware of regarding a used system. I left a message and was given a return phone call within twenty minutes. Aaron, the owner of Bike Buddy Pro called me back from Bike Week in Daytona!(Not that he wasnt busy there...RIGHT!!) I told him straight up that I was considering the purchase of this item second hand, and to my amazement he was as courteous, helpful and encouraging as if I was buying a new one from his front door. We had a great conversation and he closed with "Call me anytime if you run into problems". As you might have guessed, I contacted the seller and made the purchase. I received the package and everything checked out. Due to my work schedule and other commitments I was not able to do the install for several weeks later. And yes, I needed to call Aaron...several times! But with his help and patience, I am now the proud owner of a "slammed" Softail Deluxe!
I cannot say enough nice things about Aaron and the way he operates. If you are in the market for a air ride for your scooter, this company should be on your short list to check-out. I will say this: After my experience with Aaron, had I NOT found my suspension used, I would be there full-price-cash-in-hand doing business with this man. Rare breed indeed. Others take note!
Tim

Old 04-11-2008, 03:18 AM
whitebread_30
Road Captain
Default RE: Great Customer Service!! Bike Buddy Pro

It sure is cool when you can deal with a company/individual that actually cares about there products and will back them 100%. Wish there were more out there... Congrats on your "slammed" Softail Deluxe!

Old 04-11-2008, 08:04 PM
soundlogic
Cruiser

Thanks Whitebread;
Having spent the last 28 years in the "ultimate customer service business"...Firefighter... I have always placed a high value on customer service (duh!). But when one is lucky enough to find that, coupled with a well made product, that is reasonably priced, AND has a killer warranty!
Holy Shiott!
Yes...We have a winner Marge!

Old 04-12-2008, 01:28 AM
Dinger
Road Master

Aaron is a 1st class guy!

The first week of my installation, he repaired a seal leak on aSunday morning and even drove out to the canyons in his truck with a liftto repair a blown air line that same day. He even had ice cold bottled water for me and my friends. I haven't had any problemswith my system since then and couldn't be happier with the quality of theride!

I get PM'sweekly asking how I lowered my bike andI'll alwaysreply with a hugerecommendation forhim and hisAir Ride System.Iwish the best and continued success for Aaron.

Soundlogic, I don't know if you've lowered your forks but if you haven't; do lower them at least 1". The ride is even better!

Old 04-12-2008, 01:51 PM
soundlogic
Cruiser

Dinger;
Your bike looks AWESOME! Please give me the recommendations for the front-end lowering procedure if you will. You can PM or post it here.
Also, I went in and edited my original post and corrected the spelling of Aaron's name. Sorry...I guess I could have just tongue'n'cheek spelled it like: Air-in??
But that would have been too easy.
Tim

Old 04-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Dinger
Road Master

Thanks Tim! There's several waysyou can lower your forks:

Progressive has a couple ofkits. I believe you can select a drop of either 1" or 2" inches. I like progressive products. You'll need anIndy install it.

HD has the Profile 1" Lowering Kit. I chose this kit and had my dealer install it. It has a stiffer ride and rarely bottoms out. Once installed, I noticed a huge difference and enjoyed the way the bike handles.

I decided on the 1" kitas I ride at stock height most of the time and slam my rear when cruising or parking. There's still plenty of suspension for a very smooth ride!

Good luck and Ride Safe!

Old 04-26-2008, 11:39 PM
soundlogic
Cruiser

Dinger;
Thanks for lowering info on the front-end. I will add this to the ever widening list of mods. Speaking of which: Awesome wheels ya got on your heritage. Which one's are they?
I want to guess Fat Daddy's...but the illusion of more than 52 spokes seems to be what I am seeing.
Thanks; Tim