Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHO'S A HOOKER (pipe) OWNER ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 01:10 PM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SFTL 1
Why the rubber gloves? My hands are not going to scratch the pipes and I would never fire up without first thoroughly cleaning & de-finger printing the chrome...
rubber glove keep the oils off from your skin. if you miss a spot or dont get all the oil off it will discolor. also makes the pipes easy to hold

Old 03-05-2009, 01:30 PM
SD Night Train
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gerardjohn
You would need a hi flow air filter and something to change the air fuel ratio. These will increase the performance and take advantage of the increased air flow. There are several ways to change the ratio and I would do the research to see which fits your needs.
Where is a good place to do the research? I just want new exhaust. I'm sure that its not as confusing as this forum makes it sound....it doesnt seem like there is a set way of changing exhaust. I see that some guys change exhaust and the only other change is an air cleaner. Others change the exhaust and no air cleaner change. Then there are those who say to not use the O2 sensors....the HD dealers dont even know what way is best. I am looking to reduce the heat that is put off on my 07.

Has anyone tried this (LC1 Wide Band O2 sensor upgrade) on an 07 or newer?

http://www.nightrider.com/parts/hd2007hd_heat_00.htm

Old 03-05-2009, 02:10 PM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SD Night Train
Where is a good place to do the research? I just want new exhaust. I'm sure that its not as confusing as this forum makes it sound....it doesnt seem like there is a set way of changing exhaust. I see that some guys change exhaust and the only other change is an air cleaner. Others change the exhaust and no air cleaner change. Then there are those who say to not use the O2 sensors....the HD dealers dont even know what way is best. I am looking to reduce the heat that is put off on my 07.

Has anyone tried this (LC1 Wide Band O2 sensor upgrade) on an 07 or newer?

http://www.nightrider.com/parts/hd2007hd_heat_00.htm
People are free to do what they want, that's the joy of living in America. But, if you don't want to lose performance, or risk your bike running too rich or too lean, stuff needs to be done that doesn't always make sense. When I just had the slip-ons on my bike, I didn't worry about programming. When I put the air cleaner assembly on it, I just had them go ahead and do the stage one while they did my first service. I took the baffles out of the slip-ons not too long after that and never really noticed much difference in performance. After I put the Troublemakers on, with the baffles in, and rode it up the rode, I was impressed at what I was missing before. I could tell a difference for sure. Some people just don't care or don't realize what they are loosing, and that's fine for some. Some go for looks, some go for sound, and some go for the whole package. The choice is up to you in the end. Just my two cents...............

Old 03-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Whoad00d
Tourer

well if you just do the exhaust nothing but if you already have your A/C done then you will have to go witha fuel management system as well, but thats not bad either bc you will get more hp and tq and run cooler too.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:40 PM
TIPN8R
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SD Night Train
Why is the price being discounted 75% I wonder? That price is unbeatable.
They are getting out of the bike exhaust business and concentrating on their automotive aftermarket products.

Theirs nothing wrong with their quality and you better hurry up, there's not much left in stock...

Old 04-28-2009, 12:27 PM
SFTL 1
Cruiser

Just had my bike re-tuned running Hooker Troublemaker exhaust and I can say I'm very pleased. These pipes are by far the best exhaust I've had on this bike (I've had 4 sets of pipes previous to the Troublemakers). If there is anyone who thinks that these pipes do not perform and/or think that all 2-2 pipes are poor performers, all I can say is that they are misinformed...

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ml#post4923803

Old 04-28-2009, 05:25 PM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member

2 into 2 are ok if you have your engine tuned, but you will get more TQ and less HP from 2 into 1. that is why companies use crossover pipes to try to get best of both
my stock pipes with rush had more TQ than the hookers but the hookers have more power at higher rpm

Old 04-28-2009, 09:15 PM
SFTL 1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by tk353
2 into 2 are ok if you have your engine tuned, but you will get more TQ and less HP from 2 into 1. that is why companies use crossover pipes to try to get best of both
my stock pipes with rush had more TQ than the hookers but the hookers have more power at higher rpm
My 2-2 Troublemakers produce more torque at both low-end and peak than did my Python 2-1 & V&H BR 2-1 pipes. The Troublemakers also produced no dips or flat spots and I can't say that for either of the 2-1 pipes I've had.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:30 PM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member

all i can say is the tuning must not have been on with the other pipes because there should not be a flat spot. my thundermax tuned both my pipes