Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slightly Wrecked

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Schaub85
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Slightly Wrecked

well guys today I took off this morning rode about 80 miles away with a couple buddies. Stopped at at Chucks HD in Bloomington, Il. We were hungry so went around the corner to a BBQ place. Just sat down, just took a drink, hadnt even got my menu yet.

Behind me a guy speaks up. "Uhhh, the bike with the skull on the back......I tipped it over." I just turned around dropped my head and just asked if he was f**kin kidding me. Sure enough he wasnt. and he more than tipped it over, he practically ran it over. I dont have any over all shots but I got pics o all the damage. Funny thing is he had a bike rack on the back, if not for that he 1 might not have hit me, 2 wouldnt have caused as much damage.

Anyway from what I noticed the following will have to be replaced:

Tank
Rear fender
Exhaust
Handle bars
Rear right turn signal
right peg
right mirror
right brake lever
right gas cap
right HD logo
right hand grip end cap

possibly the Tri-bar tail light
oil temp gauge

On a side note the frame looks like it got scratched on the bottom right side. And surprisingly and unfortunately the AC didnt get damaged.

so I gotta start lookin for some new parts. I'm deff thinking black exhaust, black levers, and flush mount gas caps for starts. The only thing that really, really bums me out is being with out it. There is a few events I was looking forward to hitting that I'm assuming I'm gunna miss waiting for it to get rebuilt.

Heres a link to my bike pics folder on photobucket...

http://s700.photobucket.com/albums/w...5/Bike%20pics/

Old 06-27-2009, 09:43 PM
wildman67
Extreme HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man thats sucks! could have been worse though. let us know how you make out.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:50 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man that sucks.....I would squeeze his insurance company for every red cent and since fixing it yer'self is gonna be half of what they give ya?

Looks like its Modding time!!

So in an odd way....Youre not lucky but you will come out ahead in the end. Assuming you take the check with all the labor hours and retail prices for the parts and buy the stuff right on E-Bay for half its price at the dealership....

You will be fine.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:52 PM
tombeving
Road Master

At least he was man enough to come in and tell you. How many people would have just left and said nothing.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Schaub85
Road Master

Originally Posted by tombeving
At least he was man enough to come in and tell you. How many people would have just left and said nothing.
yeah and I thanked him numerous times for doing that.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

what the hell was his excuse? that is one of my biggest fears when i park my bike in a parking lot or on the street, some retard hits it trying to park. WTF !!!!

Old 06-27-2009, 10:28 PM
CANTDR55
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just for 'fun' I found the repair work order for my 05 Train after I got wiped out in 07.
Here's the HD prices at that time to give you and idea. All the tins took 6-10 weeks to get them from factory and painted etc.

Looks like if you can do work your self you can save a bunch BUT still get to keep what they'd charge you for labor at HD. Have them do a write up for you to compare to what ever the clown's insurance comes up with. With me the clown's was not even close but they just paid out what the dealer came up with.

Good luck hate that it happened.

Rob

Tank $763.99 (has to be ordered and painted from HD if you just want factory)
Rear fender $329.99
Exhaust $350 (V+H)
Handle bars $49.95
Rear right turn signal
right peg $79.00
right mirror
right brake lever $159.. ( I have the HD billett)
right gas cap
right HD logo (should come with tank)
right hand grip end cap $45 (new grips)

possibly the Tri-bar tail light
oil temp gauge

Old 06-27-2009, 10:31 PM
Xuallus
Road Master

that sucks man... in the end you'll be ahead of the game, but having no bike while waiting for insurance to pay is just plain ****

some insurance coverage will provide you with a rental though, you should look into that... if not, sue for emotional stress

Old 06-27-2009, 10:56 PM
jd8181
Road Captain

atleast he didn't tell you "don't worry about it, it will buff right out and be as good as new"

Old 06-27-2009, 11:21 PM
Schaub85
Road Master

Originally Posted by Xuallus
that sucks man... in the end you'll be ahead of the game, but having no bike while waiting for insurance to pay is just plain ****

some insurance coverage will provide you with a rental though, you should look into that... if not, sue for emotional stress

haha i like your style. thats the first thing I thought about lol. I'd love to take a Xbones out for a week or two.

Quick Reply: Slightly Wrecked