Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Works or Progressive springer shocks

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 11:41 PM
topfuel7
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Works or Progressive springer shocks

I was wandering if anyone has swapped out there stock springer shock for one of the aftermarket shocks like a Progressive or a Works unit? Just wandering if it is worth the money. I like the way my bad boy handles but sometimes I get some pogoing in curves. If I could stop that it would be perfect.

The following users liked this post:
ogschile (04-10-2016)
Old 02-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Bullbutch
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm wondering the same thing myself. Looks like nobody knows.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Bullbutch
Cruiser

Originally Posted by topfuel7
I was wandering if anyone has swapped out there stock springer shock for one of the aftermarket shocks like a Progressive or a Works unit? Just wandering if it is worth the money. I like the way my bad boy handles but sometimes I get some pogoing in curves. If I could stop that it would be perfect.
Progressive no longer makes the Springer front-end mono shock. I emailed them and its been discontinued.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Milty
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Ya I tried to get us a powdercoated black springer shock from progressive but they were more annoyed with me than anything. Tried Fox shox as well, emailed their R&D but no one ever got back to me. It seems like an afterthought. They put shox on everything I didn't think it would be that hard to fill the niche.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:43 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,808 Likes on 2,125 Posts

Just get a new stock one TF7. yours is wore out. Mine was the same way.Couldn't see the added money trying to get the springer any better than a new stock one.Buy on line from one of the 20% off dealers.G.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:21 PM
wanabe
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not exactly on point, but i changed my rears to works performance- much better all around... easier to adjust and i have a nice range of weight that i can haul. put screaming eagle (heavier) shock oil up front. got rid of any diving. works are expensive, but really a nice improvement in the rears.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:17 AM
lostsoul71
Advanced

I put a progressive on mine a few years back and it worked well but didn't seem to last very long. Pulled it off about 5k later and it was toast. Been looking at the works shock myself since it can be rebuilt.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:54 AM
Fxstsb6
Novice
Default Works Shock on FXSTSB Springer?

Any updated experience with a Works front end shock on an FX Springer? My front bushings are wearing on my 96 and I am looking at the alternatives....Works $240, Harley (made in Japan) ~$200, Dennis Kirk sourced aftermaket (probably made in China) $60.......anyone with experience I'd appreciate learning from yours......Anyone install the black? Does it match well with the black front end on the Bad Boy?..........thanks and Regards.......Fxstsb6 96 Fxstsb and 98 FLHT..........

Old 03-25-2012, 10:48 AM
Soft06
Outstanding HDF Member

I have Progressive 422's and drop in Progressive springs in my front end.
I ride 2up 80% of the time and we don't bottom out anymore ever. Front end does not dive anymore when braking hard. Bike handles well in the corners.

Old 03-25-2012, 03:39 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,808 Likes on 2,125 Posts

you're getting hosed on the stock shock price fx6.i got one for 149 from my local dealer with discount last summer. I just rode a Heritage spr with a works shock on it and really could not tell the diff. between the shocks.Not a noticeable diff.like putting Recors and springs in a hyd front end by any means.I just can't see dumping money on the Works shock.Remember you're trying to improve something that's been around in it's present state for a long time and was made more for comfort than canyon riding.

Quick Reply: Works or Progressive springer shocks