Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome Polish????

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 06:33 AM
fdb2007
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Maguiars quick detail on everything as well. Like jdsmitty10 said, might not be right but it works for me as well.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:37 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Daddy-O
I use the Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish for general cleaning: http://www.amazon.com/Honda-Spray-Cl.../dp/B00383T62O

Always have...... Always will.....

Old 05-19-2011, 07:47 AM
Tracker56
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Never use an abrasive on chrome. It only needs to be cleaned. If it gets scratched, you can't get the scratches out without exposing the nickel underneath which has a different luster than the chrome. I use non-ammonia glass cleaner or Harley Gloss (I keep in my swingarm bag).

Old 05-19-2011, 08:30 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

For those new rims a polishing will not help nearly as much as washing them weekly to get rid of the brake dust. Get a good dryer liek the Metro Blaster and wash it regularly. Then hit the chrome with purple slice, nevr Dull, anything on a long list of chrome polish. There is no substitute for washing a bike. There is also a detailing section here.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/detailing-27/

Drew

Old 05-19-2011, 09:07 AM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I swear by Stoners Invisible Glass Cleaner in the aerosol can. Spray it on...it foams a little....wipe it off. I haven't found anything better.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:47 AM
rrambo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For you guys saying non-ammonia based glass cleaner.. I have the black denim finish.. while I was waiting to pick my Lo up from the dealer I did a lot of searching on the best way to keep the denim finish clean.. found lots of opinions but most of them said to use ammonia based windex... I was a little leary about it.. then somewhere (can't remember where) I found where someone actually posted a HD service bulletin that goes out to the HD service department from the moco... it was about proper maintenance for the denim paint.. was shocked when it didn't say to use the HD denim paint cleaner but to use Ammonia based glass cleaner!!

Well, I've used ammonia Windex since day one.. haven't had the bike long so not sure about long term effects but so far it works and looks perfect...

Old 05-19-2011, 09:55 AM
stevevfd
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dbell66253
Lemon pledge......
Same. I haven't found anything that works better then Lemon Pledge and microfiber towels.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:05 AM
TWNomad
Cruiser
Lightbulb Ice!

After a good cleaning with (your chrome polish of choice here) I use the turtle wax ICE spray wax on everything, and the spray detailer in between waxings to keep things slick and shiny. Bugs wipe right off with a little water and a soft rag when everything is coated with this stuff. It works equally well on paint, chrome, and rubber. Doesn't leave the rubber overly slippery or give it that full of silicone look either, just nice and black. It even works on my windshield. You can spray it everywhere and no white residue to pick out of the crevices later with the toothbrush. Leaves more time for riding then polishing with this stuff. I use it on my bikes and my truck.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:09 AM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 82 Posts

I use Never Dull but I'm thinking about trying the Honda polish.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:48 PM
HarleyCamper
Road Master

+1 on the Honda stuff. But I like Pledge better on the paint. By the way, anyone using the "orange" Pledge? Any difference?

Quick Reply: Chrome Polish????