Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Too many lights?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 08:31 AM
NorCal Dog
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TNB
I run an HD LED headlight and LEDs all the way around. Idiots still pull out in front of me
i'm running a trucklite along with an led modulator from kissan,, & have not had a single person pull out on me since install,, ( about 15k ) ( knock on wood ) when it used to be a daily occurrence with the stock headlight

this thing's brighter than ***,, i've had cars / trucks rolling up a side street & you can just tell that they're gonna do a california stop, ( which means,, NOT stop ) & then they'll do a double take,, & totally lock it up,, & wait,,, till i roll thru..

ABSOLUTELY LOVE the modulator

Old 11-08-2011, 11:05 AM
TNB
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not running a modulator with my headlight though I have noticed one person running one. However, I have not seen him riding on my usual morning route in some time though I do not know why. Then again, he may have removed it.

This is a 24 Hour party town and the ratio of people with cell phones is through the roof. Sometime ago I also read some statistical information that broke down accidents by cell phone usage and occupation. Lawyers, accountants, and mothers with children where very high on the list. And even though the local government recently passed a law against non-handsfree cell phone usage while driving, it doesn't mean drivers really care about anyone else. Just yesterday, I had someone in front of me hit the brakes when they went to answer their cell phone, drop down about 10 mph (it was a 35 mph zone), and then finally pull over to the right as they got close to a police substation. On the way to SEMA last week, I spoted some lady driving the wrong way on a one-way street. This doesn't even consider the people I've seen weaving back and forth between lanes who are using cell phones. Of course, they could be intoxicated as well since this is a 24 hour alcohol town.

I also used to get cut off in my vette alot. I simply concluded that people either didn't use their mirrors, didn't pay attention, or just didn't care since they figured that you would stop since you were either a smaller vehicle or they figured you didn't want your car crashed. I figure the same thing with a motorcycle. The larger vehicle wins. I also still remember a tank taking out a tractor-trailer.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the bright lights and that is why I spent big bucks on LEDs all the way around. I'm sure they have helped some and I know it makes it much easier to ride on darker streets and back roads. I just believe some of the city drivers don't care or that they are just so impaired around here, they don't know any better.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:24 AM
NorCal Dog
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i hear ya brother about the idiots & their cellphones,,, i got T-Boned at an intersection from some dumb **** talking on her cell ( pre LED HL / Modulator ) 6k in damages to the scoot,, laid me up for close to six months

CA has the No Hands law,,, yet everybody & their mother ignores it,,, most of the time the police do too,, as they clearly see em talking, but issue no citations,, fukin pisses me off

do a test bro,, you dropped all that loot on those high priced harley led's,,, drop another bill on the modulator & see for yourself how people actually go out of their way, to stay out of your way

http://www.kisantech.com/popup/multi...duct=P115W-LED

edit; was just down in Vegas in Aug,, rode all over down there,, even did LV Boulevard & with thad bright assed LED headlight flashing,, i had no issues

Last edited by NorCal Dog; 11-08-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:24 PM
TNB
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to learn you escaped death from the cell-phone idiots at the intersection. Regarding the no-hands law, if I remember correctly, here, law enforcement is specifically "exempt" from the law just like they are exempt from the no-lane splitting law.

Re LV Blvd, one of my rider friends got into it with a taxi cab one time on the strip area. He was up next to the cab kicking the **** out of the door after being cut off. Meanwhile, this carload of tourists where laughing and egging him on. Seen him do the same **** on the freeway then the same taxi cut me off (Me and the others were still in the far right lane while him and the taxi were going at it in the left and center lanes). Talk about some brake action. One cop from Florida who was riding with us on that poker run told me that if he was back home with his pistol, he would have unloaded on that taxi. Basically my friend can't stand taxi cabs as a result of his bike riding days here. I keep telling him that mosts cars are still larger than his motorcycle whether he has the right away or not.

Personally, I've found parts of North LV Blvd more challenging then the strip at times since one has to watch out for the "impaired" walking down the center of the street (not across, but down the center). The HD LED headlight does make it easier to spot them though I don't know if a modulator would hypotize them too. Of course, downtown can be hazardous too since the intoxicated pedestrians walk against the light and metro doesn't appear to enforce the rules against jay walking until farther east of Fremont Street.

I guess it is all about timing or lack of timing. Just a lot of crazy drivers here from all over the world either living or just visiting and give them a cell phone... Same with the pedestrians in certain areas, especially depending on the type of conventions in town.

Thanks for the link.