Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cycle Visions Eliminator review

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 08:07 AM
Miked053
Supporter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Cycle Visions Eliminator review

Hey guys,
As some of you might remember from my posts last week I was having battery issues and all that but thankfully that got all sorted out and have been having no more issues in that department.

This saturday FedEx arrived with my new cycle visions eliminator which I installed on sunday with some help form a firend of mine. All in all I have to say that the install was straight forward and relativly easy. I did some homework before I started and am glad I did due to some extra steps that if I didnt know about, I would have be aggitated with and probbly thrown something. lol Here is the process I went through to put it on the 2010 fat boy lo. The red steps are out of the ordinary things I had to do that I wasnt expecting.

-removed the tail light and the easy brackets laydown plate with turn signal relocate that I had on the bike previously.
-cleaned the rear fender where the new assembly was going to go.
-bent the tabs out a little on the bottom of thecycle visions backing plate to allow it to clip onto the lip of the hole where the old tail light was.
-attached the backing plate with the new screw provided.
-Trimmed my licence plate edges to get it to fit inside the new cover plate.
-Took a dremel and cut down the shorter end of a 5/32 allen wrench due to lack of access area between the eliminator and fender.
-used electrical tape to secure the unused plug in the new wiring harness to the rest of the wires and secured it to the clip under the fender to prevent rubbing on the rear tire
-hand started the allen bolts to get everything alligned and then tightened down the bolts with the trimmed allen wrench
-took off the seat and plugged the load equalizer into the wiring harness.
-Tested the new system for function

It took a little longer than planned but the install wasnt hard at all and just took som patience. now for the after thoughts:

THIS THING KICKS A$$!!!!!!!!!!!
The led's in the unit are much brighter than expected and there is a white strip to illuminate the licence plate. The 4 flashes that you get when you first apply the brakes are a great safety feature that really gets attention. The turn signals are amber in color when activated but the all the run lights are red. I cant believe how well this cleaned up the rear fender compaired to my old set up. I dont have any decent pictures right now but will have some up soon once the bike is cleaned up. Once again this thing rocks.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Miked053
Supporter

Well here is a quick picture I took this morning and its crappy I know but better ones will come

Old 03-12-2012, 08:17 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

very nice indeed...

Old 03-12-2012, 11:44 AM
sedouglas
Cruiser

I put one of these on my RK this weekend and I love the look too, but is it just mine or does there not seem to be much different between the running brightness and the brake brightness...

Old 03-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Miked053
Supporter

There is a noticable diffrence with mine. When the breaks are activated the glow is near blinding

Old 03-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

There is another thread on this as well.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...few-hours.html

Old 03-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Ash16
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice job Mike!

Old 03-12-2012, 04:44 PM
08Fatty
Tourer

I put one on mine last year. It really cleans up the rear end. My friends say there no way someone could not see you at night. Those four Allen screws probably took longer than the rest of the install.