Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Red Key Light Stays on

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 10:12 PM
HSSNE
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same issue but mine wont even turn on

Originally Posted by jphillips63
Hello everyone I'm needing some help locating a problem or resetting this code.

I have an 07 Heritage Classic and the other night I decided to change out the black control housings to the Chrome ones. After I did the change I now have the red key symbol staying lit on my instrument panel. I have taken everything back loose all the way down to jus tthe switches and the light still stays on so it doesn't appear to be a pinched wire. I've even paid real close attention to attaching everything back and routing the wires so they aren't being pinched.

Now heres the kicker I can flip the right blinker on and off a few times and the light will go out and stay out. Then if I ride it down the rd a mile or so the light comes back on.

There are no blown fuses or bare wires so nothing is shorted out just can't get rid of the red key light.

Everything I have googled comes back to blinkers but everything works fine and as it did before the chrome housing install so I'm at a lost here.

James
I am having the same issue basically after doing the same thing, except my bike is a 2005 Deluxe and it wont turn on