Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thunder Torque Location

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 01:28 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,961 Likes on 2,308 Posts

Originally Posted by Dipen Loomba
Hi, i was wondering how effective these TTIs would be if i removed the baffles from my stock pipes (883) and installed the TTIs?
Has anyone done that as suggested on the DK customs web page??
Can some one post a picture of the inserts??
thanks

Dipen
Welcome to the forum!

Check out posts 6 & 7 in this thread- both these guys are running 883's with TTI's

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...-too-loud.html

You can also do a forum search for "Thunder Torque Inserts". Lots and lots of posts.

Here's vid that you may find useful-

Gear Up & Ride in! DK Custom 4th Annual Open House, June 8th. 🏍️ Click HERE For The Lowdown.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 12-30-2012, 03:23 PM
papa_j
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What will work best for screamin eagle II slip-ons? Tried to ask dk customs but got no response. (great way to make a sale). But I did bore out the holes in the baffles and can feel a loss of throttle response. From what I've been reading, thunder torques and no baffles are what I need. Just need to know which ones. Thanks
BTW....I know wrong area but going on 2007 883L. Sorry but closest thread found relating to my problem

Last edited by papa_j; 12-30-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:21 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,788 Likes on 9,863 Posts

Did you call or e-mail them? I have had nothing but great service. I have the 158s in my Longshots, which are 2 1/4" diameter. They are nice at idle, loud when you get on it, and quiet at cruise. They also restored rideability and low end TQ. Made a big difference on the butt dyno. Try calling them on Wednesday, as I doubt they will be open on the 31st.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:13 PM
papa_j
Cruiser

Originally Posted by machinistmate
Did you call or e-mail them? I have had nothing but great service. I have the 158s in my Longshots, which are 2 1/4" diameter. They are nice at idle, loud when you get on it, and quiet at cruise. They also restored rideability and low end TQ. Made a big difference on the butt dyno. Try calling them on Wednesday, as I doubt they will be open on the 31st.
Yeah...tried emailing a month ago. No response. I gotta work and can't make personal calls so if they don't do emails, I'll never get an answer. That's why when i saw this post i had to jump in. Hope i get an answer one way or the other. These are alot less than the BCT baffles but BCT does answer emails.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:17 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,788 Likes on 9,863 Posts

Very unusual. Might give them a call tomorrow, if you have it off, you never know. How big are your pipes? Can't beat the price and the performance from them is unreal for such a simple device.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:17 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by papa_j
What will work best for screamin eagle II slip-ons? Tried to ask dk customs but got no response. (great way to make a sale). But I did bore out the holes in the baffles and can feel a loss of throttle response. From what I've been reading, thunder torques and no baffles are what I need. Just need to know which ones. Thanks
BTW....I know wrong area but going on 2007 883L. Sorry but closest thread found relating to my problem
The W118 and the W158 will work for your application...both will give about the same amount of increase in low & mid range torque. The W158's will be a little quieter than the W118's.

All info HERE

Old 12-30-2012, 10:21 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Yeah...tried emailing a month ago. No response. I gotta work and can't make personal calls so if they don't do emails, I'll never get an answer. That's why when i saw this post i had to jump in. Hope i get an answer one way or the other. These are alot less than the BCT baffles but BCT does answer emails.

Man, I am sorry. We answer most emails within hours, and rarely go more than 24 hours without answering.

With anywhere between 20 & 100 emails a day, we do just plan miss one now and then. If that ever happens again, please resend the email.

Also, you can PM me here on the forum.

Customer Service is a TOP Priority with us, and that includes answering all emails in a quick manner.

Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Again, my apologies.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:03 AM
papa_j
Cruiser

Wow...just a couple hours and got a response. Thanx dk. But 1 question...which of the two will give me a deeper AND louder note and give me a good low to mid throttle response. Yes i read your post about the 158 being a little quieter...but I am looking for more than just loud. Thanx for the responses.
Machinistmate...thanx for your replies also.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:13 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Wow...just a couple hours and got a response. Thanx dk. But 1 question...which of the two will give me a deeper AND louder note and give me a good low to mid throttle response. Yes i read your post about the 158 being a little quieter...but I am looking for more than just loud. Thanx for the responses.
Machinistmate...thanx for your replies also.
Man, I'm happy your wrote back. When I answered before I thought I was in the Sportster section.

What size engine do you have, and what diameter are your slip-ons?

Old 12-31-2012, 02:20 AM
papa_j
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Man, I'm happy your wrote back. When I answered before I thought I was in the Sportster section.

What size engine do you have, and what diameter are your slip-ons?
2007 883L Screamin eagle II's .....not quite 3" inside diameter.

And to all on this thread....I feel I might have hijacked this thread and for that I apologize.
Just glad to get info from dk and while doing a search..this thread came up..

Quick Reply: Thunder Torque Location