Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4 inch risers

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Smileman
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Warren9073
It's been in the 70's here in florida. (ya I'm rubbing it in a little).
Geez. I don't think we will see 70's until April-May. Bad for both riding and my golf game.......

BTW, I just bought a used Mustang wide touring seat with backrest off ebay. I'm hoping that, along with the risers, should make my set up just about perfect. Well, of course , until the next round of mods. Mini passenger footboards, lay down license plate, maybe a set of detachable bags.......

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 01-04-2015 at 07:57 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Warren9073
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Smileman.
Just looked at the bars again. The angle of the pictures make them look high. With the bike upright and the wheel straight the bars are level. Turning them down anymore would put them at a bad angle and point the brake and clutch levers up to high. You are limited to how much you can rotate them because you cant rotate the controls much because of the internal wiring. There are two small dimples on the bottom of the bars. The seam of the control halves must be between those two marks so as not to pinch the wires.

Bottom line is I'm happy with the risers and I think you will be too. They are a few inches higher than stock but they are called "risers".

Taking a 500 mile ride in a couple of weeks. I'll have a much better opinion then.

Need pics of the seat when you get it.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:50 PM
Lass7711
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Warren,

Thanks very much for the information! I changed out the bars on my Ultra and that was a pain, but I learned some good lessons. It took a lot of deep breathing and walking away a few times. I think I even threw a wrench or two. It looks like these risers should be a bit easier.

This is my first Fatboy and I've already picked up some very useful information in this thread from you and Smileman.

Thanks again,
Mike

Old 02-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Smileman
Tourer
Default Thread hijack--Seat ****!!!

Originally Posted by Warren9073

Need pics of the seat when you get it.

Warren, as promised here's a few quick pics of the Mustang seat. It's the wide touring seat with backrest and matching passenger pillion. I bought it off ebay. I love the look, but now I have to change my sissybar pad to a studded one, and I'm going to order a studded fender bib to complete the solo look. ( the $$$ spending spree never ends lol.) The seat feels pretty hard, but I think the backrest will be great for longer rides and the shape of the bucket seems good and supportive. The wide seat pushes my legs out a bit more with feet down, but just a bit. Unfortunately, it was too cold to ride, so the jury will be out until it warms up a bit. So I sat in my garage dreaming of blue skies...

Attached Thumbnails 4 inch risers-seat1.jpg   4 inch risers-seat2.jpg  
Old 02-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Warren9073
Tourer

That seat looks great on the sliver and blue fatboy. I couldn't stand changing the seat and not being able to try it but I can relate as I have found myself sitting in the garage just looking mine. I hope those blue skies show up soon.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:56 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,921 Likes on 3,021 Posts

I had pull backs on mine I had to take them off, they hit the speedo console on a hard fork turn lock left or right. I've got 2 little dimples now.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:20 PM
Warren9073
Tourer

Originally Posted by RANGER73
I had pull backs on mine I had to take them off, they hit the speedo console on a hard fork turn lock left or right. I've got 2 little dimples now.
Sorry to hear about the damage but your bars look great with probably even better results than the risers would have been. I checked the Harley parts site for my bike before I got them and checked for clearance once installed. I have a good inch and a half clearance either way.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:47 AM
fireandice51
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, I've really enjoyed listening in as I just bought an '07 Heritage, and while waiting for the tins to be painted, I've been thinking hard about risers. I think those 4" curved risers will do the trick perfectly. Just a "lil bit" closer. It's great to get this feedback. Thanks again all!

Old 02-09-2013, 03:16 PM
Smileman
Tourer

Originally Posted by fireandice51
Guys, I've really enjoyed listening in as I just bought an '07 Heritage, and while waiting for the tins to be painted, I've been thinking hard about risers. I think those 4" curved risers will do the trick perfectly. Just a "lil bit" closer. It's great to get this feedback. Thanks again all!
A "lil bit" is a good description. It allows for a bit more break at the elbows to take the tension off the shoulders and upper back.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:44 PM
jb7
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Installed the 4" pullback risers and poly bushings on my 2012 Fatboy today.
Didn't get a very long ride in, but it feels much more comfortable, and looks pretty good too. Thanks to all of the members who posted on this thread. Your input convinced me to give the risers a try.

Quick Reply: 4 inch risers