Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How comfortable is the Deuce?

Old 02-12-2007, 10:57 PM
keninnj
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How comfortable is the Deuce?

I am seriously considering purchasing a Deuce.
My question is, how comfortable is the ride?
Is it good for the long haul?
Is the riding position easy on the back?

Any pointers?

Thanks,
Ken

Old 02-12-2007, 11:23 PM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: How comfortable is the Deuce?

ORIGINAL: keninnj

I am seriously considering purchasing a Deuce.
My question is, how comfortable is the ride?
Is it good for the long haul?
Is the riding position easy on the back?

Any pointers?

Thanks,
Ken
It depends on how tall you are, I'm 5'7" and the seat height is great for me, but the reach to the handlebars has me leaning forward.
I bought a Mustang solo seat and it moved me up a few inches, I also installed the Deuce chrome handlebars, they bring the grips about 1 1/2" closer to the rider.
now it's alot more comfortable riding position.

before I had the Mustang solo, I had a HD sundowner seat, it also moved me closer to the handlebars, I rode for a whole day with no problems.[8D]

Old 02-12-2007, 11:24 PM
voodoo93
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am an old broken down guy with a bike not set up as well as it could be for the long haul (i.e. different seat, rider backrest, bigger windshield) but I will tell you that I have done 4 - 5 hour legs only making gas stops without issue and as much as 8 - 10 hours in a day. Not a bagger by any means but certainly works for me... of course I don't have a rider on back either.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:19 AM
JeffreyLebowski
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm 6'3" and the stock bars are still a little bit of a reach. I think HD intended the rider to be a little hunched over which isn't good for your back. Easy to fix with the proper seat and bars. I have a sundowner seat, and when I put my T-bag on the bag I can lean back against it. I've done 500 mile + days. The stock seat isn't very comfortable. You'll need a windshield for serious long haul rides. The harley leather saddle bags are high quality but they aren't very big. I'd recommend skipping the leather bags and just get a big t-bag for touring.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:05 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

If you need a decent seat for a passenger you might consider getting a Custom instead. Nothing against the Duce its a fine bike, but the seat might leave a little to be desired in stock form for anyone on the back.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:17 AM
keninnj
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks all.
I'm just about 6 feet tall and I guess I have average length arms.
I suppose if I have to I can get different bars. Like most of you, I have fallen in love with the design of the bike.
I'll keep you posted.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: keninnj

Thanks all.
I'm just about 6 feet tall and I guess I have average length arms.
I suppose if I have to I can get different bars. Like most of you, I have fallen in love with the design of the bike.
I'll keep you posted.
the chrome Deuce bars cost $49.00.........

so it's a cheap upgrade![8D]

Old 02-13-2007, 11:01 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Duce Bigalow,
Are the chrome bars the same shape/size as the stockers?
I have been looking for different bars for a while now because I just can't hang on to themini-apes on my Custom for too long. Even tipped back 3 or 4 inches they are still a bit too high and far forward for my old busted up right elbow and makemy hand/arm go to sleep and start hurting after 20 to 30 miles.
So Ihave been looking at three possible options. The Standard bars, The Duce bars, or a set of the Bombays with the Tach housing. I'm probably going for the Bombays as they "seem to come back the farthest and I do want a tach anyway. But even on evil-bay they are not cheap.
So as a second choice option I have been looking atsomecombination of Standard or Duce riser and bars will bring the grips back and down as far as possible.
Any thoughts on that and could you do me a favor and measure how high above and far back the grips on yoursare from the top mounting surface of the tripple treeon your bike? Thanks.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:05 AM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Citoriplus

Duce Bigalow,
Are the chrome bars the same shape/size as the stockers?
I have been looking for different bars for a while now because I just can't hang on to themini-apes on my Custom for too long. Even tipped back 3 or 4 inches they are still a bit too high and far forward for my old busted up right elbow and makemy hand/arm go to sleep and start hurting after 20 to 30 miles.
So Ihave been looking at three possible options. The Standard bars, The Duce bars, or a set of the Bombays with the Tach housing. I'm probably going for the Bombays as they "seem to come back the farthest and I do want a tach anyway. But even on evil-bay they are not cheap.
So as a second choice option I have been looking atsomecombination of Standard or Duce riser and bars will bring the grips back and down as far as possible.
Any thoughts on that and could you do me a favor and measure how high above and far back the grips on yoursare from the top mounting surface of the tripple treeon your bike? Thanks.
same basic shape only they pull back an extra 1 1/2", made all the difference to me.[8D]

let me run out to the garage to measure that for you.................brb

Old 02-13-2007, 11:11 AM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior

ok,

they are about 13" above where the risersmount to the top tripple tree, and about 14" back from where the risers mount to the tripple tree.

the riding position on the Deuce is lower than your custom.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How comfortable is the Deuce?