Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XiED

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 01:58 PM
Jaburg1
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Regarding mileage, whenever you richen up the air/fuel mix, you typically have a resulting reduction in mileage. The XiEDs work very well, and they also work very well in tandem with the V&H FuelPak.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:24 PM
casbar
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So if you have a V&H Fuel Pak fitted, do you have to adjust the settings if you fit XIEDS

Old 06-18-2013, 02:34 PM
turkeybird42
Intermediate

OK< gonna ask a "stupid" question. Just got my XEIDS, 08 UC, stock, 96 motor, all stock. Work mate says install near ECM, looks like "de-structions" say follow wire and install. Does it matter or are they set up to install at 1st link point?
GUYS, don't beat me up too much, first HD I have ever owned, always had "rice burner" prior.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:37 PM
gedakbx
Novice
Default Xieds 2011 Heritage

Originally Posted by Skeezmachine
So does anyone else using these also experience a drop in MPG?

Or is this maybe a consequence of "Hey! I got better throttle response so now I'm always rapping the throttle when I'm sitting at a red light and gunning it when I accelerate because my scoot performs so much better now!" syndrome?

I'm interested in trying these in order to avoid sticking YET ANOTHER object under my seat.
Mine mileage didn't change either way bike runs better and by the look of the exhaust it is richer. Before the inside of the mufflers was a light tan color now they are a chocolate brown color. It does pull a certain hill close to me in 6th now no problem where in the past i had to shift down to 5th or hold it wide open to maintain the same speed.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:40 PM
gedakbx
Novice

Originally Posted by turkeybird42
OK< gonna ask a "stupid" question. Just got my XEIDS, 08 UC, stock, 96 motor, all stock. Work mate says install near ECM, looks like "de-structions" say follow wire and install. Does it matter or are they set up to install at 1st link point?
GUYS, don't beat me up too much, first HD I have ever owned, always had "rice burner" prior.
They are intended to install at the first conection off of the O2 sensor. Mine were for my Heritage anyway.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:08 PM
turkeybird42
Intermediate

OK, GEDAK, thanks, after get house AC issue fized, gonna go play with da Harley and get these wires on there. Hoping for a betta day to ride to work, LOL, prob be 98 F tomorrow, phew

Old 06-18-2013, 07:15 PM
Tyree
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Skeezmachine
I didn't realize that 210 oil temps were considered high. That's about what my temps have always been... On the hottest of days in stop and go traffic mine can get to 220 or slightly more but that is rare. The only engine mod I have is a 2:1 exhaust pipe but that never changed my temps from what they were with the stock pipes.
Yea, not really concerned with the oil temp, just there for point of reference. Mostly interested in getting rid of the popping on decel.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:25 PM
smithrw
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default xieds

real interesting thread. I'm on the fence trying to deceide whether or not to try them out but from what I'm reading this is almost a no brainer so I'm thinking of going ahead. Just hope they work out. I ride a 2013 softail deluxe with rush 1 3/4" baffles and high flow intake and the stage 1 Harley down load which i'm sorry I did since I don't thing much was gained.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:45 AM
mirrmu
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Hi,

I run cycleshack slip ons, SE hiflow and the xieds on fxdwg 96ci, and bike runs well

Anybody have dyno and a/f results with xieds on there bike? Would be interesting

Thanks
Mirrmu

Old 06-23-2013, 03:46 PM
ksdrknite
Advanced

I have the adj. ones..noticable power increase=noticable fuel bill increase.....oh well, like they say,its the trade-off

Quick Reply: XiED