Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

softail wheelies?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 04:23 PM
dcdr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default softail wheelies?

im sure many of you have seen videos on youtube with guys on a fxr/dyna/sporty pulling crazy wheelies, but has anyone seen a video (or in person) of people riding similar wheelies on a softail? i wonder if the frame geometry is so different that it makes it that much harder to do that on a softail? just curious... not sure the springer front end on my crossbones would like that kind of force coming down on it from a wheelie haha

Old 01-31-2014, 04:39 PM
ducatirdr
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

A trip to Google and I came across this.

More of a mistake than a proper wheelie as found in this video

Yes they can be done.

I had a Dyna StreetBob mostly stock I could wheelie easily. I traded that StreetBob for a 08 Crossbones. I never even attempted to wheelie it. My buds tried to egg me on to try it but it was just too nice a ride to abuse. I now have a Breakout and I wonder how it will do this summer...???

Old 01-31-2014, 04:50 PM
dcdr
Cruiser

i saw those two vids, but i was thinking more along the lines of the "harley wheelies" videos... but the was, what did you think about going from the streetbob to the xbones? i've never ridden a dyna but i've VERY SLIGHTLY considered trading my xbones for a streetbob. when i say very slightly i mean for like 5 minutes. the streetbob seems cool but the xbones is just so awesome and a pretty rare bike (or at least will be) and streetbobs seem like a dime a dozen. i feel like if i ever did trade in for a streetbob i'd end up regretting selling the xbones forever.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:51 PM
dcdr
Cruiser

**by the way**, not "but the was"

Old 01-31-2014, 05:14 PM
ducatirdr
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Crossbones is a unique bike. Hold onto it. The Streetbob is a great sport cruiser. It's probably the best handling large displacement Harley. It's a tighter fit than the Crossbones. More like a larger Sportster. Where as the Crossbones has plenty of room to spread out and relax. My Crossbones was set up with detachable stuff so I could take my girl for a ride or strip it down for main street. It always made me feel like Christmas. I sold it to get into touring which was like selling your soul to the devil. I knew the dealer I traded my Crossbones at had it on the floor for a long time. I went looking for my Crossbones there a couple years later but they sold it.